New Toy

Started by Wal-Kat, March 29, 2009, 08:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wal-Kat

Always wondering how people smoke food, I invited myself over to the neighbours house & watched him smoke a salmon on his very old Bradley, with a badly worn out door seal. The salmon tasted great & I knew that I was hooked at that point. Two weeks later the BTIS1, Bradley, came on sale & I quickly ran down & made the big purchase. I season it this weekend & I can taste the trout for next weekend.

Wal-Kat

Mr Walleye

Wal-Kat... glad to see ya got it figured out. If you haven't been to the recipe site yet just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post. Lots of great stuff there, all from the fine folks on the forum here.

Keep us posted on your projects.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

starship

Welcome Wal Cat,

I have not done salmon yet, but the bradley sure does good ribs!

Enjoy!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

HCT

Welcome Wal-Cat. Enjoy your Bradley.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum!  A whole new meaning to life.  After you smoke some butt, brisket, ribs, etc., you will lose your taste for  BBQ joints.  They just will not be the same.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Welcome Wal-Kat.  Glad you decided to come to the "dark" side!  Dark as in smoke and bark that is!  It is addicting.  Wildcat, I haven't lost my taste for BBQ Joints - just the joints that don't do good Que. Unfortunately, there are many of those around here - even ones with good names. 

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraorcinaire'
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

beefmann

welcome Wal Kat

come and enjoy .... look aaround the forum and ask if you  need help  lots of good people and help

Beefmann

josbocc

Wal Kat,

Welcome to the forum.  Lot's of great advice here.  Here's a little tip in case you have to justify your purchase of a Bradley,... It's a "Toyool."  More tool than toy.  Once you've treated your friends and relations to some of the great fare that comes out of this wonderful little box, you will never need to justify again  ;D

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

lumpy

Welcome Wal Kat
Enjoy your new toy..............Its just the beginning ;D

Lumpy

seemore

Welcome, WalKat!  You are going to LOVE this forum!!!!

bigredsmoker

Welcome Wal-cat! Read and learn, read and learn.

Terry

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Wal-Kat!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Revrob220

Welcome you are going to love your new toy .I got mine a couple of weeks ago and its been very busy since it arrived .Brisket ,pulled pork ,salmon and lots and lots of cheese and even some tofu

sherlock

:)Welcome to our world

Now the fun begins  ;D

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!