What's Your Favorite Sauce?

Started by matwell, March 31, 2009, 06:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canadiansmoker

I usually end up with some flavour of "Bulls-Eye" brand sauce, depending on what is on the plate.

pfowl01

Hi Guys,

Been a long time since I've posted anything......good to see everyone is still around :) I've alwalys liked sweet baby rays on most everything. I have a few jars of iceman's sauce that I save for ribs, but recently I've tried bulls-eye original and really liked that also.

pullinpork

Famous daves has some good sauces, we like the Devils Spit and the Sweet & Zesty. A really good sauce for pulled pork North Carolina style is Scott's. www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com

okeejohn

I like Sonnys

Okeejohn
okeechobee, Fl

DrtiBird

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 31, 2009, 04:27:54 PM
I'm saving my ice sauce. I went back to my ol sauce, Carolina Treet, JohnBoy&Billys

nepas

Carolina Treet is my sauce of choice for grilling pork and chicken (better if soaked overnight in it), but I have been hesitant to use it in the smoker.  What/how do you and Smokin Soon use it on? 

Where do you get the Carolina Treet; CarolinaTreet.com(?) is kinda high, but can't always find it at the local supermarkets;  Kroger never has it and Ingles seems to keep a limited supply.
Ron/DrtiBird
Gainesville, GA

bigcatdaddy

When I'm out of the ice's sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays.  I like trying different ones so I might have to try some of these that have been posted!

BCD

SemperFiPhil

What I have found to be the very best of beef marinades and BBQ sauce is Stubbs.  We have used it for years and use nothing other than Stubbs.  The beef marinaide cannot be beat.  Take your steaks and place them in a zip lock gallon bag and marinade for 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on taste.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: SemperFiPhil on April 20, 2009, 10:30:17 AM
What I have found to be the very best of beef marinades and BBQ sauce is Stubbs.  We have used it for years and use nothing other than Stubbs.  The beef marinaide cannot be beat.  Take your steaks and place them in a zip lock gallon bag and marinade for 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on taste.

I haven't tried the beef marinade yet. I'll have to get it a try. The Stubbs Spicy BBQ sauce is also good.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

tssgery

We really like Rudy's BBQ Sauce... http://www.rudys.com/

I might need to try some of the more popular ones in this thread though. It'd be good to find one available at a local supermarket instead of having to mailorder.

Ka Honu

Rudy's... brings back memories.  Used to go there when they first started serving barbecue in their only store (Leon Springs - about 20 years ago) and bring 3-4 bottles of sauce back to Hawaii (when you could carry liquids on airplanes) and then later when they opened across from Sea World.  Now I think they have about 25 locations in 3 states.

Roadking

27 eatery's and 3 more in the process of opening.

jha1223

Though it seems to be more and more difficult to get your hands on, Oklahoma Joe's was our favorite until they left the market here.  We didn't have the stores, but the sauce and rub were available at Albertson's grocery stores. 
There is such a thing as BBQ in Nebraska!

mtbike

i love carolina treet, it has been my favorite since i was a little kid, cant get it around where i live so i have to order it, but i always pick up several bottles when i visit my family in north carolina about twice a year. i use it to grill chicken,pork chops and even grilled spam. i dont like it as much on babybacks or pulled pork, for those i just use jack daniels sauce or bullseye.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: DrtiBird on April 19, 2009, 11:03:28 AM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 31, 2009, 04:27:54 PM
I'm saving my ice sauce. I went back to my ol sauce, Carolina Treet, JohnBoy&Billys

nepas

Carolina Treet is my sauce of choice for grilling pork and chicken (better if soaked overnight in it), but I have been hesitant to use it in the smoker.  What/how do you and Smokin Soon use it on? 

Where do you get the Carolina Treet; CarolinaTreet.com(?) is kinda high, but can't always find it at the local supermarkets;  Kroger never has it and Ingles seems to keep a limited supply.

I buy it by the case at Ft Bragg NC when i go see my 2 sons.

I rub it into ribs, chicken and butts.

nepas

mics

for me,i like the billy bones mild.but the rest of the crowd like his hot.so i take alittle of both and make a 50-50 mix.
fishin and cookin,must be gettin ready to retire.gamefishin.