Far away in Newfoundland

Started by NewfieSmoker, March 31, 2009, 10:00:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewfieSmoker

Hello All,

I just purchased the OBS last week....after much reading on this site I add.... Pleased so far.  Ribs were 75% were I wanted them....2 bacon wrapped "Pork Bombs" and smoked almonds came out excellent!  Have some jerky marinating now and will give that a try tomorrow.  I jumped aready and order the Auber programable PID and Aluminum Pucks and cant wait to get it all installed in my garage.  (installing a small chimney).

Thanks for all the advise.  Hope to be able to help out myself soon!!  I've been smoking so much there's a smog alert around our neighbourhood!!!

Rob
Smoke em if you got em!

Rob

Mr Walleye

Hi Rob and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like your off to an excellent start!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of Bradley!  Great start!
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard Rob. As you have found out already this is a very addicting hobby!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

HCT

Hey Rob, glad to have you aboard.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Smokin Soon

Yer gonna love it here, Newfie! Even if it ticks off the wifey that you spend too much time on the computer. After digging in to a few really good smokes, she will back off a bit!  ;D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum NewfieSmoker!

I've been to the island and the mainland Newfoundland - fishing trips. Once we drove in a car - from Florida!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

josbocc

Rob,

Welcome to the forum, and to a wealth of information.  I'm relatively new to the Bradley world (about 9 months now), and have never been led astray by the fine folks here.

If you have a question, ask it.  If you have a success, share it.  If you have a failure, feed the dog.  No seriously, it's hard to have a failure if you ask questions and browse through this forum.

Enjoy your new Bradley, and Best of Luck,

Jeff
The Wood Doesn't talk back
DBS6
Cabelas 80l Dehydator
All the Jerky Gadgets!!!

La Quinta

Rob...first off...Welcome...I can send you some cheese to cold smoke...if you promise to send it back???  ;D

Glad to have you here...Newfoundland...very kool!!!

bigredsmoker

Welcome Rob!! Newfoundland, wow. Do you happen to own one of those big black dogs?? Just kidding. Enjoy and learn from the wonderful people on this site. Be sure to post pictures of your efforts.

Terry

sodak

Rob, you'll love the PID.  Great device.  Welcome.