Homemade aluminum pucks

Started by PensacolaJim, March 31, 2009, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PensacolaJim

I was reading about Bubba Pucks and decided to try and make something similar on my own.
I found a lid about the same size as the Bisquettes.
I ripped off some 4 or 5 inch pieces of aluminum foil, folded them in half to make squares.
Taking one piece of foil at a time, I gently placed it in the lid, making sure to get it to fit all the way around leaving the excess above the lid. I repeated this procedure with several more pieces packing one in at a time till I thought I had enough. Then starting with the inside piece, I folded the excess to the inside packing it slightly. When I had all the pieces packed in, I flipped the lid over and putting pressure on it, I rubbed it around on a flat hard surface. If it was to thin, I added another piece(s) in the lid and placed the undersized puck back in opposite the way it came out. If it is to large around, just set it on edge and roll it to proper size. This is my final result and it took only a few minutes.
::)

Slow Smoked and falling off the bone, Yum!

aces-n-eights

Good idea, good solution!  I had some aluminum pipe that was the same OD as a bisquette and cut a couple of those to use as Bubba Pucks.  They work pretty good but some times don't feed properly because they are rings instead of solid discs.
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

Ka Honu

Jim - I have to applaud your ingenuity but I also have to say that it was much easier to tell my daughter to buy me a set for my birthday.