Programmable PID Question

Started by BigFella, April 01, 2009, 11:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFella

Ok, so I got a replacement probe for my PID (mine was too short) and I'm already to go with 2 butts from Costco ($1.34/lb.) on Saturday.

My question is about the programmable part.  I know that I need to bring the OBS up to temp, but do I include this in the PID programming?  For instance.  If I want to get to 260 preheated, should I program 1 hour at 260 then the remaining hours at 220?

What I'm looking for is preheat, then leave at 220 until the IT of the butts is at 175.  Then I'm going to FTC to get to 190. 

Thanks to all in advance for the help!

lumpy

Since the PID can be programmed in 10 minute intervals, add a program for preheat for 10-20 minutes. It will cool down once you open the door and load the smoker.

Lumpy

Mr Walleye

I usually preheat for about an hour to 260 or so, at the same time I have the butts sitting outside the fridge to allow the temp to come up somewhat. This will also help with your temp recovery. I don't have any experience with the programable unit because the 2 that I have are manual.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

I also program the first hour @ 275F, then the next 23 @ 200F.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

NePaSmoKer

Hello All

Does anyone have the pdf instructions on disk they got with their Auber programmable pid. I lost my disk.

nepas

BigFella

Nepas - pm me with your email adress an ill send it over.