Venison Bacon Experiment

Started by Tenpoint5, March 21, 2009, 11:11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

The venison bacon looks good, I never saw venison bacon but have eaten about every type of venison there is in N.A. and can imagine what it's going to taste like.
The pork bacon really looks superb. I can actually smell it all the way from here in Jersey  ;D .

smokeitall

I think the best thing to do is send everyone samples  ;D

Smoking Duck

Looks good 10.5 and I GUARANTEE a win from the Smoking Duck mobile.  I bet it will even help to pick up chicks!  ;D

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

seemore

Looks great, 10.5!!!!  We will be up for breakfast tomorrow morning, winter weather or not!!!

Tenpoint5

Ok quick update. First some bonehead forgot the powdered graphite. I think the cars are just finishing last Sunday's race now.

On the Venison Bacon. THIS BACON MUST BE EATEN WHILE HOT!!!!! When the bacon has been sitting on the table and has cooled off. The flavor completely changes from really great to YUK!!! For some reason the flavor changes to that of RAW VENISON. At least the fat portions do. Does not make for a great start to your day.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

Sounds to me like your upset, it happens. Let me guess, all of the venison fat and tallow wasn't removed before you made the Bacon.

Just look back on the Bacon pics, it has to be the tallow left in the bacon.