Curing salt in supermarkets?

Started by csakis, February 14, 2009, 09:38:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Thanks Mike,
I will be on the phone this afternoon!

Michael

Piker

To me the problem seems to be that there is so many names for the same product. All I can get locally here is Mortons Tender Quick. The only way to know for sure is to read the product label. Some of the websites will not give out that info. Some are very specific but they do not give prices until you place an order and then they will talk to you. I did this once and when they showed me the prices they were higher than where I ordinarily get them. So I had to tell them sorry,they were not too happy about it. It seems to me a lot of them just do not want to help or please the customer. I know I do not order large amounts at one time but it adds up over the year. It gets pretty frustrating at times . Sorry but thats my rant. Dave

DrtiBird

Someone mentioned that the shipping was high for the cures.  The Butcher & Packer site, http://www.butcher-packer.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=237_12 charges the same shipping for three bags of Tender Quick as they do for one bag.  Their shipping is based on the price of the order; $1 - $19.99 is $7.50.

I couldn't find it around here either.
Ron/DrtiBird
Gainesville, GA