ICEMAN'S SAUCE - BENEFIT AUCTION!!!

Started by Dex, April 02, 2009, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex

Long story short, I am on a diet and I have 3 jars of Iceman's Sauce left.
Rather than just letting it sit there, I figured I would try to get some good out of it.

Funds from the highest bidder will be donated to the Indianapolis Humane Society
Every year, the Indianapolis Humane Society holds an event called "The Mutt Strut" to help raise money to fund their shelter.

"The Mutt Strut"

The Mutt Strut is held at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Home of the Indianapolis 500 and "Brickyard" 400. Its an all day event for you and your dog. You walk your dog around the 2.5 mile race track.

This event is being held on Sunday, April 26, 2009. If anyone wishes to donate outside of here, or would like to know more about it, you can visit www.indymuttstrut.org.

THE MUTT

This is our dog Elsa. She will be the one you are sponsering to walk around the track. (That is ice cream that is on her face.... she was saving it for later!)

I will ship the jars of sauce for free. Here is your chance to get some more of Iceman's Sauce while helping out a good cause!

THIS AUCTION WILL END AT 6 PM EST ON APRIL 19, 2009
Just post the amount you wish to bid

Oh - I will also proove that the funds went for this event once I register.
Thank you and good luck!

Ka Honu

Three questions:
     1.  Before I assume anything, are we bidding for all three bottles? 
     2.  What's the minimum bid and increment (I'd suggest $20 and $5 respectively)?
     3.  Will you provide a tax donation receipt?

Dex

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 02, 2009, 04:10:27 PM
Three questions:
     1.  Before I assume anything, are we bidding for all three bottles? 
     2.  What's the minimum bid and increment (I'd suggest $20 and $5 respectively)?
     3.  Will you provide a tax donation receipt?

Yes it is for all 3 jars and yes I will provide a detailed tax donation receipt.

It doesnt matter what bid increments are. $5 is good if that works for everyone. Just as long as its not like $0.01 or $0.02

Ka Honu

Okay, I'll start it off at $25 (that's a nice round $10 per mile for the mutt) and if I win, I promise not to tell you how I won a racing trophy at the Indy Speedway back in November of 1963 (at one of the slowest speeds ever recorded).

Up In Smoke

Aint nuttin better than helpin a struttin mutt.....$40.00
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Dex

Quote from: Up In Smoke on April 02, 2009, 05:21:48 PM
Aint nuttin better than helpin a struttin mutt.....$40.00

So True!

High Bidder: Up In Smoke - $40

Dex

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 02, 2009, 05:10:52 PM
Okay, I'll start it off at $25 (that's a nice round $10 per mile for the mutt) and if I win, I promise not to tell you how I won a racing trophy at the Indy Speedway back in November of 1963 (at one of the slowest speeds ever recorded).

Now I think you have me wondering..... what did you do?  :D

Ka Honu

Like I said, I won a racing trophy.

$45 for the sauce!

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

I won a fishing trophy when i was 12
and two games of 9 ball against a world champion when i
was 32. nanny nanny neener neener  :D :D :D
2 Bradley OBS

Ka Honu

That's "nanny nanny boo boo" in Hawaii.

I got "stiffed" by Andy Griffith when I was tending bar in New York back in the 60s.  So there!

Speaking of the 60s, $60 is my final bid until much closer to the closing date.  That's $20 a bottle/$24 a mile.

Dex

Wow... we have a battle on our hands here!

High Bidder: Ka Hanu - $60

Of course pictures will be taken the day of and posted so you can see the event your donation has supported.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS

seemore

Dex