ABT's ----- Pepper preparation question

Started by AggieBQ72, April 04, 2009, 12:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpy

Nice look'n ABT's! I will try this next time. My last bunch were entirely wrapped in bacon. They tasted great but as much as I'm a bacon addict, I found it too "bacony" taste ful.

Lumpy

Ka Honu

Lookin' good, MW, but I think I'd want to use more bacon (sorry, lumpy).  Come to think of it, I always want to use more bacon.

MallardWacker

EVERYTHING GOES BETTER WITH MORE BACON......

YOu really need the bacon to hold the slot closed...needles to say the flavor.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Ka Honu

Quote from: MallardWacker on April 09, 2009, 12:38:09 PMYOu really need the bacon to hold the slot closed...

Bacon - for when duct tape just won't work!

lumpy

Ok, you guys are right............more bacon.
I agree that you need bacon to close all the holes/gaps other wise by the time your done smoking, there will be nothing left.

Bacon tasting duct tape perhaps?

Lumpy

pensrock

Pablanos are a good pepper, I normally stuff them with a mixture of cheese and hot italian sausage and grill them. I do the same with Hungarian Hot Wax peppers. I made a tray to hold my ABT's and ADT's so I just cut the tops off, stuff and cover the top with a 1/2 slice of bacon. They do not need sealed completely because they are cooked standing upright.

Here are a few stuffing suggestions for either ABT's or ADT's:
1) Three cheese, name says it all, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and hot pepper cheese. Or any cheeses you prefer. Top with bacon slice.
2) Taco, Make up a batch of taco meat filling, after cool mix in cream cheese and stuff the peppers.
3) Sausage & cheese, bulk sausage with any cheeses mixed in.
4) Cheese and bacon, cream cheese and any other cheese you like, mixed in with fried chopped bacon.
5) Cheese, bacon and leek, like above but mix in chopped wild leeks. MMmmmm
Filling ideas are endless. Enjoy.  ;D

My pepper pan:
Click pic to enlarge

This is a pic from the internet but you can see how the peppers sit in the pan to cook

EDIT:
I forgot to add, if you have any left over brisket or pulled pork, chop it up and mix in some cheese, top with bacon and your in heaven!

lumpy

The batch I smoked last weekend where stuffed with cooked ground turkey, cream cheese and old cheese.
Yummmmmmmmmmmy!

Lumpy

meatgeek

Lumpy,

I agree, sometimes just a little bacon is all ya need.  Here's how I get away with only half a strip of bacon each...  I cut mine across, just below the stem, instead of the vertical slit (I don't de-membrane or de-seed).  I knead my cream cheese n fixins in a ziplock baggy 'til pretty soft, then cut a snip off the corner of the baggy and pipe it in like frosting.  I wrap a half a slice of bacon around 'em and shove 'em into the squares of the Bradley racks.  No complaints here...

Laura

MallardWacker

Typically I just use about a third of piece of bacon and make a CAP for the pepper. 

I do use cream cheese, shredded cheddar and real bacon bits from the bag THEN I put in a good helping of my favorite rub.  The bacon pieces I use are the ones from Hormell, you can get them at Sam's.  For stuff like that they are really good.  I after well mixing it I put the mixture in a piping bag to fill the little boogers.

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...