Hello from Chicago

Started by blucrsr, April 07, 2009, 10:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blucrsr

Just purchased a SS OBS smoker from Cabela's.  I had a small problem with the assembly of the smoker box to the main housing.  It looked like the two keyhole cutouts had been pushed in a bit and the top plastic feeder tube was a bit skewed.  I unscrewed the whole assembly and bent the corners back.  Everything assembled correctly after that.  My Bubba Pucks and first box of Oak will be here tomorrow and I'll be seasoning this weekend.  We'll see what adjustments need to be made to compensate for the Windy City.  Thanks for all the helpful information posted here.  I hope to begin contributing soon.  Have a great day.

Dave
If I can't have everything well then just give me a taste.

westexasmoker

Welcome to the forum blucrsr!

Your gonna love it.....lots of good info here, and the people ain't to bad either!  ;D  Once again welcome and good luck!  Keep us posted!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

smokeitall

Welcome Dave, there's a lot of great recipes and people here, enjoy.

NePaSmoKer

Welcome  blucrsr

Tomorrow get that baby seasoned up and get ta smokin........... Most of all enjoy.

nepas

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum.  Be sure to check out the receipe site.  The link at the bottom of my post will take you there.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

sherlock

:)Welcome to our world
Now the fun begins ;D

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum blucrsr!

Make sure you leave the vent open at least 1/4.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

car54

Welcome from Milwaukee, Blucrsr.

I am sure that you will like the Bradley. Visit and post often.

Brad

Mr Walleye

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.

If you haven't already been to the recipe site just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post. Lot's of great stuff there from all the fine folks here on the forum.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokin Soon

Welcome Blu! I just gotta say that I am a midwest boy myself, and the coldest day in my life was a walk down Lakeshore Drive in Chicago! Defend the Bradley as best as you can from the wind, as it justs sucks the smoke and heat out of the cabinet. Icy cold winds can kill a smoke for sure! The Bradley does it's thing in cold temps, but wind putt's it over the edge. Some of our members have set up wind breaks around the smoker with good results. But your gonna have fun here for sure no matter what! Now get smokin!  ;D

seemore

welcome blucrsr good smoke here...................from IOWA...........
seemore

HCT

Welcome Blu, there's some greatrecipes here, enjoy. :)
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

seemore

Welcome, Blu from the Seemores!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

blucrsr

Thank you for the warm introduction.  Everything arrived quickly from Yard & Pool yesterday and I'll be starting the seasoning tonight.  I have spent many hours reading thru the recipe site and must say it is a great resource.  Hoping to do some chickens this weekend.  Thanks again!
If I can't have everything well then just give me a taste.