DIGITAL E-1 ERROR CODE FIX

Started by icerat4, April 10, 2009, 03:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icerat4

Has anyone here figure out how to by pass or do something to fix this error code.The one unit i have get this all the time .I have went thru 3 cables..Is there a better fix for this .like splicing cables etc...its says to turn the plugs around that dosent work..What can be done here.Anyone one this problem..

Just another weekend with the smoker...

Wildcat

Sorry Rat but I am very electronically challenged.  Sure glad I bought the OBS vice the digital myself.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

Just PM or call Brian at Bradley. he is the the man that can solve your problem.

Habanero Smoker

This seems to be a common problem, but only when the digital is fairly new.

If you haven't seen this link provide; it does provide a little more information.

E1 Error

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

icerat4

Hey habs Yea i saw that..But this is a first gen model..Remember i was the 1st one in the good old usa to get his...I just figure someone would have thought of some other way because switching the plug dosent help..this is the 3rd plug exchange im doing..Nuts....i love my obs for this reason..But i gave this digital to a friend and im just trying to get him going with no issues...Funny how now when i think about it.I was the frist guy too get and try these digital here in the states..Chez bubba let me go frist .Boy its been a while...I miss chez Mr.kirk  Ok later thanks habs as always.

Just another weekend with the smoker...

pensrock

Just a guess but it could be a bad thermister or the small plug from the thermister to the jack in the back of the tower. You can check the small plug by taking the cover off the back of the tower. Then check the wires as well as the plug maybe the plug is loose? Hope Brian can help further.

Bradley (Head Office)

Try this and see if it helps.

Unplug the sensor cable and check to make sure the ends are clean.
Then check the connection; by wiggling one side of the connection and then the other, if the "E1" message temporally goes away while you were wiggling one side, you need a new sensor cable connector.
If this does not correct the problem, you will have to open the generator up and check the connection inside the generator. Also, remove the back cover of the tower and check the connection inside as well.
There are only three components that will cause an E1 error. (Or a burnt out control box but that would be a first)

Its one of these components that's giving you the E-1 error

Brian