Bradley's Cold Smoker Hose

Started by okeejohn, April 12, 2009, 06:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

The picture wasn't there before. When I clicked on it.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Mr Walleye

Ahhh.... ya.... sure Chris.  ::)

Late night?  :D  :D  :D  :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokeitall

Yeah I would guess too many barley pops.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokeitall on April 15, 2009, 08:05:25 AM
Yeah I would guess too many barley pops.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not a Single one. I was a good boy last night. Had to teach some Boy Scouts how to make Brats. Stuffed another 25lbs last night for their camping overnight. They did pretty good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

Mr. Walleye, I admire your setups. Great work.

FYI all hoses and pipes are measured ID. Connectors and fitting for pipe and hoses are only named for the pipe or hoses they fit on. Example is a 3/8" nipple. There's nothing on the nipple that measures 3/8 of an inch but it'll fit onto a 3/8" pipe which measures 3/8" ID.

smokeitall

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 15, 2009, 09:16:22 AM

Not a Single one. I was a good boy last night. Had to teach some Boy Scouts how to make Brats. Stuffed another 25lbs last night for their camping overnight. They did pretty good.

Thats great Chris, I am looking forward to the days when my boys are in scouts.  I can't wait to go to Philmont with them.  I have a offer to go this year with a good friend of mine who is a scout leader with his troop.  Some of my best childhood memories are of camping with the scouts and hiking in the New Mexico Rockies.

Habanero Smoker

Mike;

The type of hose you have is the type that Bradley ships with the cold smoke box. I'll try to post a picture of the laminated foil type of hose tomorrow, just to give everyone an idea of what it is. I'll check to see if any stores carry it in 5" diameter.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

pensrock

I used the same kind of hose on my home made cold box Mike. It is very sturdy and works well. It is a 4" diameter.

Tiny Tim

I wasn't real careful with mine and put a couple of small dents in the tubing...still works fine and compresses back to the way it came out of the box.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 15, 2009, 02:05:41 PM
Mike;

The type of hose you have is the type that Bradley ships with the cold smoke box. I'll try to post a picture of the laminated foil type of hose tomorrow, just to give everyone an idea of what it is. I'll check to see if any stores carry it in 5" diameter.

Habs

I can't emagine it's as thick or beefy as this stuff. You can work this stuff over pretty good before causing any damage. I've torn my setup down several times for my various changes I have made and have never had a problem with the pipe.

Mike

La Quinta

I damaged my hose last night as well...cut the crap outta my finger on a piece...but managed to hook it up ok anyway...I may call Bradley and ask some questions...

Habanero Smoker

Mike,

It's probably similar in looks only. The Bradley hose must be made of much thinner aluminum. If you pull it too hard, it will tear. Or if you grab it too hard you can put your finger through it.

Here is what I am told is called laminated foil hose. I had a new dryer installed in 2007, and that is what the service man who installed my dryer called it. He stated he couldn't use it, and used a type of hose similar to the one you used.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

That's interesting... The stuff I used you would never poke your finger through it that's for sure. It must be available in different weights but around here all I have ever seen is the heavier stuff that I used in my setup.

Mike

La Quinta

It was around the collar of the hose Fishman...seem to just start "flaking" off....I'm fine...no worries...but I may ask for another hose? Not sure if I should? The collar ring kept falling off no matter how much we tightened down the ring itself as it won't fit if you screw it down too far....it was a conumdrum...

Mr Walleye

:o  :o  :o Not a conumdrum!  :D  ;D

I would give Brian a call though.

Mike