Bradley's Cold Smoker Hose

Started by okeejohn, April 12, 2009, 06:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Perhaps I will Fishman...I'm not really sure if I tweeked the thing or if it's not a good stable hose...I don't know...I do know that it's kinda funky to hook up....it is what it is...all I do know...is I'm not gonna sue em for my cut....I hate that people do that... ??? Call me a kook...but...I'd never do it and I know they would make it right anyway.... :) All good companies do....

Smokin Soon

I am Curious as to Brians advice on these hoses is. My cold smoker works like a champ, but I need to rotate the hoses a bit. I tried again today, but I'm gonna destroy it. My guess is the hose was assembled to the snout while the paint was still wet and bonded somehow. I want my cold smoke box to face in the same direction as the Bradley. It just won't do it.

manxman

QuoteMy guess is the hose was assembled to the snout while the paint was still wet and bonded somehow.

When I took my damaged hose off to replace it I noticed there is either some glue or double sided sticky tape or the like fixing the hose in position and I literally had to tear the hose away from it, damaging it still more in the process.

If it does not line up as it should methinks the whole assembly needs replacing!  :o
Manxman

Habanero Smoker

The other day I took my hose off, because I intend to replace it. The type of hose they use is not practical for frequent setups and take downs.

Their is some type of sealant or glue they use on it, so you can not adjust it by just loosening the clamp and turning it. When I took mine off I used an old serrated knife to cut the hose off, removed the clamp, then used a pair of needle nose pliers to peel the remaining hose off the connector plates. When cutting the hose, that is when I found out you can poke your finger through it. :)

For my use the metal hose is not practical, because of the way I want to bend it. It is not flexible enough, and it won't fit flush against the cabinet. I went back to using my 4" flexible hose until I can find one in a larger diameter. The 4" hose will just fit over the rim on top of the box, and can be clamped secure, the other end I just run through the side of the cabinet; the way I did when I used my cardboard box.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Bradley (Head Office)

Habs is correct there is a double sided tape on the collars preventing the mounting plate from being rotated.
This was installed to prevent smoke leakage.

I will forward your comments and concerns on to the designer and see what changes we can make.

Thanks
Brian

okeejohn

Thanks Bradley! :)
Sure didn't know I would get as many responces.

Okeejohn

lumpy

We're all one big fanily here ;D

Lumpy

okeejohn

Ditto!! All for one and one for all!!!

Okeejohn