Was looking forward to getting my DBS

Started by SemperFiPhil, April 11, 2009, 10:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SemperFiPhil

I have been researching smokers for a while and was really impressed with Bradley smokers.  I even took my wife today to look at the new digital smoker and she was impressed as well.  After looking at the Bradley website and  reading some reviews, I thought that this was the one for me.  It was made to look so simple and automatic.  Then I started reading entries in this forum.  I see posts in here talking about using foil (which should not be done according to the instructions shown on Bradley's web site) and all the long preparations needed prior to smoking meats.  Why did I think it was as simple as applying a rub and setting the smoker to smoke the meat for how ever many hours as I was led to believe by Bradley?  After seeing all these posts and the countless things that must be done prior to smoking the meat, I am seriously thinking on spending my hard earned money elsewhere.  I can BBQ and grill meats with a lot less work than what is shown here... and I will match my BBQ and grilling with anyone.  I don't mean to be a "buzz-kill", but it all looks more involved than Bradley makes you believe.

3rensho

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Can you give us some specifics about what you find to be a lot of extra work prior to smoking?

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

Maybe the extra work is starting two threads. :)

Sorry! Just kidding, I couldn't resist, and besides it early. I did reply in your other thread.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

oldsmoker

Phil i have two Bradleys the obs and a 6rack db. think they are the best. the group here would not steer you wrong. simple to run and results great food. not a lot of work to do basic smoke. once you try then you will want to try most anything.   
OLDSMOKER

Wildcat

Welcome again.  I posted a response on the other thread.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

SemperFiPhil

You got me.  I know y'all are right.  Sorry about sounding so negative yesterday.  It was NOT a good day as I had to put one of our two dogs down.  It simply broke my wife's heart and and mine as well.  I HATE to see my wife sad.  I felt worse for her than I did for the dog.  Anyway... we will be getting the DBS probably next week.  (After I go to the gun show and determine what I want... I mean need.)  Looking forward to experimenting with it and trying lots of stuff I see here on this forum.  (If I could only retire a bit earlier... I would have all the time I need... hmmmm.)

Thanks all. ;)

starship

Sorry about the dogs, yeah, it breaks ya heart.

Oh, the next need should be a Marvirick Temp monitor.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Wildcat

Don't count on retirement giving you all the time you need.  I've been retired for 2.5 years now and still do not have enough time.  ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/