Clicking noise in smoke generator

Started by Brisket Lover, April 15, 2009, 06:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisket Lover

Went out to check on the pork butts and I heard a loud click click click...  Didn't stop until I turned it off and back on.  Any idea what this was or why it happened?

Gizmo

The only thing I know of that would make a clicking noise is the smoke generator puck advance arm.  Are the pucks still advancing?
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Smokin Soon

From my experience, that is not good. First try a good cleaning of the smoke generator to see if that helps. If the clicking noise sounds like stripped gears, call Brian at Bradley.

Brisket Lover

Once I turned it off and back on it was fine.  I just cleaned a month ago or so and have only smoked a few times since so I don't think it is dirty. I'll keep an eye on it, but this is just becoming frustrating. Every few times I use it now something seems to break or be wrong.

Habanero Smoker

Was there any interruption in the power source going to the smoker. Sometime a power disruption during the time the generator is cycling can cause the advance cycle will come out of synchronization with the automatic timed cycle. Usually it not a clicking noise, but the motor trying to cycle, it get almost all the way around then cycles back repeatedly.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=775&postcount=18

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Brisket Lover

No power was good throughout the whole smoke. I'm just going to keep my eye on it.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi B L

Like Gizmo & SS said constant clicking noise is not a good sign it is more than likely a stripped gear in your motor
Give me a call at the office 1-800-665-4188 ask to be transfered to Brian and i can walk you through some test to determine what the problem is.

Brian

Brisket Lover

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on April 16, 2009, 06:33:53 PM
Hi B L

Like Gizmo & SS said constant clicking noise is not a good sign it is more than likely a stripped gear in your motor
Give me a call at the office 1-800-665-4188 ask to be transfered to Brian and i can walk you through some test to determine what the problem is.

Brian

Hey Brian,  with the in laws and my parents in town I forgot all about this until last night when I smoked a meat loaf.  It happened again though.  So I am planning on calling today.  Im guessing between 3-4 EST.  Hopefully you are in, but if not I will try again next week.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi BL

I am in the office until 2:00 PST today
If you do not get a hold of me just tell the customer service person that you need a new motor for your generator.

Brian

Brisket Lover

Thanks, I didn't reach you but they took down my information and said they would ship one out on Monday.

79Cougar

I am experiencing the clicking and non-advance issue. I cleaned it up well but to no avail. My smoker is a two year old this spring so I am guessing no warranty. What does a new motor cost?
Thx
PS - I love  my machine!!! My kids (20's) think I am a BBQ king and come by the house every Saturday late afternoon to see what dad has Q'd up. 8)

Brisket Lover

I was wondering that also.  I would hate to think Im going to have to continually replace parts on this.  Mine is about 4 months old.  Ive replaced the slider front part with the circuit board and also the wires that attach to the plug in the cabinet came lose for no explanation.  I love my product and wish it was built in the USA.  I will say though that so far customer service has been great.

Brisket Lover

Part came today, but it is taco and pitcher night at the local dive bar. Can't miss that!