Thanks a lot...

Started by kingsize, April 16, 2009, 08:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingsize

Because of you bastards I needed to order Bradley Smoker... damn you. All those wonderful pics of meats, sausages and other delicious things made me spend almost 500$.  ;D I live in Finland and food smoking in here is quite different than yours but I try to tell and show some pics someday how we do it. Biggest differense is that we don't smoke meet almost at all. But almost everyone has smoked fish in here. It's been long time when I studied english so if You don't mind mistakes in my spelling I would be happy... Thanks...  :)
Born to be wild but not at home

smokeitall

Welcome to the forum.  Please post pictures.  And nope don't mind the spelling.

3rensho

Hi Kingsize and welcome to the forum.  Don't worry about your spelling.  We look forward to some pictures after your smoker arrives.  What kind of fish do you usually smoke in Finland? 

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

kingsize

We smoke usually salmon, white fish ( siika in finnish ), vendace ( muikku ), bass ( ahven ).. and some other also but those are the most common. And we use almost always only alder with some sugar. This is one reason why I wanted Bradley smoker, I want to test hickory, mesquito etc.. And also I want to learn smoke meat. Of course big thing is also cold smoking salmon ( one of my favorite ).

aces-n-eights

Welcome Kingsize!  I think you're going to really like your new Bradley.  Don't hesitate to ask questions. 

It sounds like you have used a smoker before.  My only advice to using the Bradley is that it is an efficient smoker.  Start with low smoke times, such as 1 1/2 to 2 hours and work your way up to the smoke taste you like.

Enjoy!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

kingsize

Thanks, and I will ask.. I promise. :D Yes, i have smoked for years but the smoker is not good enough. Smoking the meat and fish is underestimated here. You can buy smoked fish from everywhere but it is very bad quality. Too dry or too little something else.. and no game at all..

starship

He, He.  Welcome.  You will enjoy your Bradley, and I expect save money with it.   For the cost of two people at the local rib house, I can buy and cook enough ribs to feed us 3 days!
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum kingsize.  A lot of people on here smoke fish.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

Kingsize....I loved your initial post!!! Never worry about your spelling!!! I was particularly enamored with "because of you bastards"...that is really funny and I feel quite proud of that!!!  ;D

We are proud food cookers!!!!  :D

Smokin Soon

Hey, Kingsize, Great entrance! Wait till you see the other goodies we will entice you to buy. Just wait until to really get into Sausage making , and you will double that! Welcome to the forum, and spend some time here and on the recipe sight. Ask a lot of questions, as they will be answered very quickly by experienced folks here. But most of all, have fun!  ;D

kingsize

he he, I know already that I have to buy lot of (un)necessary things... :D Ebay is my starting screen in the explorer...  8)