Anyone use the Bradley to smoke hamburgers?

Started by Qballgreg, April 17, 2009, 05:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qballgreg

sherlock

I have read of someone doing just that. Supposedly with good results. I may try that myself this weekend.
8)

canadiansmoker

I have done this a couple of times. The results were good, but I wold have preferred a more smoky flavour to them (just my preference). I cold smoked them for about 40 minutes with mesquite before putting them on the grill. Others have smoked them with the heat on and then finished them on the grill with good results as well.

smokeitall

I read somewhere that you can use the pucks directly on your grill, placed right on the upper rack above the heat.

That may be an option to.  I haven't tried it yet but maybe this weekend depending on the rain.

Smokin Soon

I mix a small package of spicy Jimmy Dean's in with 2 lbs of ground. 1 hour or so cold smoke, and wrap in plastic overnight. I prefer hickory.

MallardWacker

HOLY FREAK'N COW BUDDY!

These are some 80/20 Black Angus ones I have done.

The thing about smoking burgers is that they really do taste GREAT the next day.  I have never like left-over burgers until I smoked them.

These have some Guacamole on the side...if you never have tried burgers with Guacamole on them you are missing a small pleasure.

AND NO you do not have to finish them on the grill!

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Mr Walleye

Very nicely done MallardWacker!  8)  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smokey the Bear.

I smoked ground beef on the smoker for about 2 hours with Mesquite, then made patties out of them for the barbecue. I tried some last Saturday and they were delicious, they also had onion,garlic,an egg to help them to stay together and some other spices that i thrw in there. I froze them then i just take them and thaw them for the cue.
If it has eyes and a head,I would probably eat it. Eh

Wildcat

Those look great MW.  Never tried them in the Bradley as I have a grill that I can use that burns wood or charcoal.  If you did not have a problem with them getting too dry like the steaks do, I think I will give it a try.  Think I will have to lay some bacon on those puppies as well though.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Ka Honu

Quote from: MallardWacker on April 17, 2009, 11:09:01 AM... The thing about smoking burgers is that they really do taste GREAT the next day.  I have never like left-over burgers until I smoked them.

Don't know that I've ever seen a leftover burger - what do they look like?

Wildcat

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 17, 2009, 04:55:41 PM
Quote from: MallardWacker on April 17, 2009, 11:09:01 AM... The thing about smoking burgers is that they really do taste GREAT the next day.  I have never like left-over burgers until I smoked them.

Don't know that I've ever seen a leftover burger - what do they look like?
;D ;D ;D
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

sherlock

Quote from: Smokey the Bear. on April 17, 2009, 12:57:21 PM
I smoked ground beef on the smoker for about 2 hours with Mesquite, then made patties out of them for the barbecue. I tried some last Saturday and they were delicious, they also had onion,garlic,an egg to help them to stay together and some other spices that i thrw in there. I froze them then i just take them and thaw them for the cue.

Anyone else try this. For some reason, I was thinking that it was not a good idea. Maybe, I was thinking about "cold" smoking and finishing later. Don't remember. If this is ok, I will make some for this weekend,

Thanks
Nathan

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: sherlock on July 15, 2009, 07:20:40 AM
Quote from: Smokey the Bear. on April 17, 2009, 12:57:21 PM

Anyone else try this. For some reason, I was thinking that it was not a good idea. Maybe, I was thinking about "cold" smoking and finishing later. Don't remember. If this is ok, I will make some for this weekend,

Thanks
Nathan

To safely smoke uncured ground meat, you should stay above 225°F. Cold smoking for an hour or so should be safe, if you move them directly to the grill to finish them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

sherlock

I was thinking about hot smoking them to about 140 deg. and then refrigerate the until the next day and then finish them on a grill.