BBQ Catering Worksheet

Started by Habanero Smoker, April 17, 2009, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Several members have posted questions on how much food should be purchased to serve a particular size crowd at their next barbecue. Well if this spreadsheet is accurate, and I have no reason to thing it is not, then here is the answer to a lot of your questions. It is even useful for those who you are selling your barbecue. It lets you know how much raw meat to purchase, the estimated meat weight after cooking, and it has a meat retention calculator. Also take a look around this blog. It has a lot of useful information.

The meat retention calculator allow you to input the green (raw) weight, post trim weight, cooked weight. Then it will calculate the Average Percent Retained.

If you see a red triangle in the top right corner of a cell, move your pointer over it. A window will pop up with an explanation of the information contained in the cell.

When you get to the page below, click on the link beneath: "Mike Trump's BBQ Catering Worksheet"

BBQ Catering Worksheet

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Gizmo

Soon as I find the Office disks and get it installed, I'll have to check this file out.  Sounds like someone did a lot of home work, I mean cooking.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

I have to agree. It is quite a spreadsheet.

I forgot to mention in my original post that if you have the latest patches for IE that browser may not download the file. I had to switch to FireFox to download. It seems that IE security won't allow the download, and I couldn't determine what security change to make.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

That's good information to have.  Really like the way it is easy to scale the quantities.  I downloaded with Firefox and opened it with OpenOffice on Linux with no problems.  Thanks for the post.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Brisket Lover

Quote from: Gizmo on April 18, 2009, 08:38:53 PM
Soon as I find the Office disks and get it installed, I'll have to check this file out.  Sounds like someone did a lot of home work, I mean cooking.

Giz you can use google docs to view it for free.  Or download open office, but for quick and easy try google docs.

Gizmo

Thanks for the info Brisket Lover.  I have the new Office just don't know which safe place I put the CD.  I need a few of the other applications as well to make things easier.  Just have to dig through all the safe  ;D places.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/