Iron Chef Ingredients and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2009, 06:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

The 3 ingredients can be combined with other things?

La Quinta

Smoked pork soup...? Please make that!!!!  ;D It sounds...uh...really good....really...cough cough.... :)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokin Soon on April 18, 2009, 07:05:13 PM
The 3 ingredients can be combined with other things?

Yes  SS you have a full pantry to use whatever you desire. Or it could be as simple as grilling a piece of tenderloin and sprinkling raisins and pine nuts over the top. Another Idea I might try LQ.

AS A REMINDER FOR EVERYONE

Basic Iron Chef rules:

Be creative on your recipes.

It can be as simple as a new ABT or a recipe that would take a snooty waiter in a fancy-schmancy restaurant 10 minutes to describe.

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven, grill or other cooking method. Wrong spot

Use any spices or pre-made BBQ sauces, or other goodies as you wish.

The recipe is not limited to just the 3 main ingredients. Your pantry is open and anything is fair game to be used in your recipe. As long as the meat and two other ingredients are in one dish. ie...one bite gets all three ingredients.

It can be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or supper, or midnight snack.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 18, 2009, 07:36:40 PM

At least 80% of the cook time must be done in the Bradley Smoker, grill or other cooking method. Up to 20% of the cook time can be done on the stove, oven, grill or other cooking method. Wrong spot

Now I am getting confused again. Does the rule now mean I can use a combined 80% of the cooking time using my Bradley and any other cooking method, except the oven and stove. Example, the Bradley may take 40% of the time, the other cooking method can take up to 40% of the time; and the oven and stove 20%?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on April 19, 2009, 02:15:19 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 18, 2009, 07:36:40 PM

Now I am getting confused again. Does the rule now mean I can use a combined 80% of the cooking time using my Bradley and any other cooking method, except the oven and stove. Example, the Bradley may take 40% of the time, the other cooking method can take up to 40% of the time; and the oven and stove 20%?

Sorry about that Basically what it means is that Your supposed to avoid using the kitchen stove/oven as much as possible. Trying to Avoid hearing "I smoked for 30min put in oven for 3hours to finish while I made a sauce on the burner." What we want is the majority of the cooking to be in the Bradley and/or other outside cooking method.

For Everyone
DON'T READ INTO THE RULES TOO MUCH THIS IS MEANT TO BE SOMETHING FUN FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

Sorry guys, I'm a late entry.  This sounds like fun!

KyNola

KyNola

Jan and I are SO gonna win this thing.  Were I the rest of you, I wouldn't even bother to submit an entry.

Wait until you see the winning entry.  You are not going to believe it.

8)  8)  8)  8)
Team KyNola

Up In Smoke

Team KyNola,
i don't doubt what you say but just in case maybe you should post your recipe just to make
sure?????
or you could just pm me with it so it stays just between us. ;)
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

La Quinta

I'm so close to the "perfect dish"...these things take time my learned friends.....This is a conjuring process!!!  ;D I am a conjurer from way back ya know!!!!  :D  :D  :D

Habanero Smoker

The change in that one rule was confusing. I'm getting a better understanding when you clarified the "other" as "other outdoor". The way it read any other method one could conclude that the use of electric frying pans, deep fryers, microwave, crock pots etc. were acceptable as part of the 80%.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ka Honu

I am bummed!  I've got the absolutely guaranteed winning recipe but I don't have time to get it done since I'm leaving on Wednesday and won't be back until the contest is over.  Oh well, congratulations to whoever was originally going to place second.  Enjoy your (slightly tarnished) victory.

PS - I could possibly be bribed to part with the winning recipe but be advised - I am (notoriously) easy but I ain't cheap!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 19, 2009, 02:01:22 PM
I am bummed!  I've got the absolutely guaranteed winning recipe but I don't have time to get it done since I'm leaving on Wednesday and won't be back until the contest is over.  Oh well, congratulations to whoever was originally going to place second.  Enjoy your (slightly tarnished) victory.

PS - I could possibly be bribed to part with the winning recipe but be advised - I am (notoriously) easy but I ain't cheap!

Ka Honu,

Prepare your recipe and your turn in pics and send it to me I will post it as the first entry when I open the turn in thread. Unlike the TEABAG Lady I already have the perfect Pasta recipe. I don't need to conjure any more!!

La Quinta

10.5....10.5...10.5....Oh my friend...so sad really...pasta eh?....or pasta soup?....uh...yeah....I mean sounds uh...good?  ;D

Up In Smoke

You guys are scaring me!
i had a simple little pasta idea myself....guess i am gonna have to change it to sumpin else! ;D
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

La Quinta

Upinsmoke....do what you like....I toyed with a nice smoked meatball pasta dish and then veered in another direction...just takes me a little more time then you smart people!!!!  :)