got my first smoker

Started by mtbike, May 07, 2009, 01:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtbike

got my dbs 6 yesterday and promptly seasoned it. today i went and bought 2 racks of babybacks and a 10 lb butt. gonna smoke the ribs tommorow and the butt on saturday. ive been lurking on this baord for a few weeks now and have read alot of post, great info by the way. ive read all the tips, tircks and pitfalls you guys have to offer and i feel confident that my first 2 smokes will turn out great. thanks for all the help.

Piker

Welcome aboard. Just remember to post some pics and results good or bad. I am just a novice but there is tons of experience on here. Piker

Brisket Lover

Welcome to the best club on earth.  Have a blast and share your experiences with us.

PensacolaJim

Welcome. It won't take you long to have successful smokes.
Any problems will be answered if you need help.
Only problem is which answer to follow. You will get many responces..
Slow Smoked and falling off the bone, Yum!

KyNola

mtbike,
Welcome my friend.  As my learned friends have already said, have a great time with your first smokes.  Looking forward to hearing about your results.  Should you need any help or have even the simplest questioms, don't hesitate to ask.  We have already asked them. :D

KyNola

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Welcome Mtbike, your in for a wild ride here!. Ribs are a mixed bag, as everyone has there preferences. That 10 lb butt is gonna take some time, so do plan accordingly. Might consider an overnight smoke on that bad boy. Hope you have a remote temp device like a Maverick ET-73 to monitor the cook. Just be aware that for long cooks the DBS cook time must be reset after 9:40 minutes. All of my butts are overnight cooks because they are never the same cook time. They are very friendly to the FTC and also to a reheat in a crock pot, so I plan way ahead when promising a meal time. Get that smoke rollin!

deb415611

IKnowWood

welcome, good luck with the Ribs.  I got two racks going in Saturday. 
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

bigcatdaddy

Welcome Aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smokeitall

mtbike

the ribs turned out pretty good, i was not dissapointed. i put the cym/rub on them thursday night and let them fridge til about 9 friday morning and then out of the fridge while the dbs was preheating. got up to 240 and in when the ribs. 2hours of hickory 1 hour no smoke at around 210-220. put in a pan with apple juice and covered with foil let them cook for 3 hours in the oven at 210. ftc 2 hours, put on the sauce and on the grill for 5 minutes, good stuff. never would have turned out that good with out all the info from this board.

Tenpoint5

Glad they worked out for you Mtbike!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

beefmann

welcome aboard mt bike enjoy your soon to be extended smoking family