CheeseCloth?

Started by sameguy, April 22, 2009, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sameguy

Anyone ever wrap a brisket in cheesecloth after applying rub?  I am making a brisket for my folks who don't like bark so I figured I'd wrap it up and any bark would come off when I unwrapped it.  I know olds has an 'old t-shirt' method that gives similar results but this seemed more sane than sacrificing my vintage threads.

Habanero Smoker

It's hard to tell if it would work. A lot would depend on what type of cheese cloth you use. If it is the type you find in most grocery and hardware stores, I would think it would be hard to remove if it was left on the whole time, but it is worth a try. If it is the type of cheese cloth that looks more like thin muslin cloth that would work better; but an old T-shirt or jersey cloth from a fabric store would be cheaper.

Other alternative is to apply less smoke, and after the smoke has been applied foil the brisket and continue to cook until done. Or smoke/cook with out foil, and after slicing use a paring knife and remove the bark from each slice. It sounds time consuming but it is not.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)