Smoking baby back pork loin ribs

Started by Qballgreg, April 23, 2009, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qballgreg

Can this be done successfully....smoke 2-3 hours, cover with foil, smoker off, slow cook till done....maintains moisture, baste 10-min before removing....

Tenpoint5

I would suggest the 3-2-1 method. 3 hours with smoke, 2 hours in foil with a splash of apple juice, 1 hour with just heat and sauce to firm up the ribs. I do mine at 220*
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

I do my spare ribs like 10.5 does, with baby backs i go with 3-1-1

Qballgreg

10.5 method a good meal for the first use and 6 guests?  Don't want to displease with the high expectations I am under with my new BS...

bigcatdaddy

Don't sweat it my new smokin brothern.  You do just fine! ;)

BCD

OU812

Its always nice for some one to give you there opinion on what the out come is. If it is not what you expected then you have Friend for critics. Heck you can always say " What do you expect it was my first time"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: OU812 on April 24, 2009, 11:25:02 AM
Its always nice for some one to give you there opinion on what the out come is. If it is not what you expected then you have Friend for critics. Heck you can always say " What do you expect it was my first time"

Even your mistakes taste good with the Bradley. Just don't tell anyone that it was a mistake.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!