new owner

Started by floridasmoker, May 29, 2007, 01:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floridasmoker

please define and breakdown FTC'ing...i have seen that refernced in some threads...

thanks,

florida smoker

Tiny Tim

F=Foil
T=Towel(s)
C=Cooler

Wrap the cooked food in foil, wrap the foil wrapped food in towel(s), place the towel wrapped foil wrapped food in a cooler (preferably warmed), and let it be for a while.

If you want to, you can add apple juice or other liquids to sort of steam the food while it's resting in the "sauna". :D

Welcome to the forum and Bradley ownership.

Wildcat

Welcome to the forum!  I live in the Panhandle, Olds is down St. Pete way and I think there is another FL member.  Don't be a stranger here.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum floridasmoker.  Please feel free to share your smoking adventures, ask questions and draw from the abundance of knowledge placed here by some mighty friendly folks.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HCT

Welcome to one great forum and a bunch of really helpful people.
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

NePaSmoKer

Hey floridasmoker.

Welcome to the forum. You will learn lots here from great folks.

nepas

Arcs_n_Sparks

Welcome floridasmoker...

Not sure about this foil, towel, cooler stuff. When I hear FTC, I Fill The Cup I am drinking out of. After that, I Follow The Chicks around the place.....   8)

Arcs_n_Sparks

tsquared

QuoteNot sure about this foil, towel, cooler stuff. When I heard FTC, I Fill The Cup I am drinking out of. After that, I Follow The Chicks around the place.....   
I'm a fishermen so I Fillet, Then Chowdown!
T2

coyote

Welcome Floridasmoker...............Bet you can see already why I love this place. 8) Don't be a stranger.

Coyote

manxman

Welcome Floridasmoker, hope to see you around here regularly.  :)
Manxman

floridasmoker

thank you all for the info....

floridasmoker

so how long do i let them stay in the cooler?

do they go back to the OBS?

or the oven?

thanks,

Tiny Tim

At least an hour...I usually let it go as long as I can stand it.  Personal best so far is 3 hours.  Meat will still be warm enough to eat when unwrapped, so shouldn't have to put it back in smoker or oven.

Wildcat

My last butt spent 4 hours FTC and was still too hot to handle with bare hands.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Gizmo

Welcome Floridasmoker,
I solved Tiny Tim's problem and beat the Wildcat by FTCing both the flat and point of a whole packer brisket.  Last Thanksgiving, the ribbs and brisket went in to the cooler (warmer) at 11:00 AM, flat and ribs came out for serving at 1 PM and the point came out at 5:30 PM for sandwiches, still very warm and tasty.  Some of that turkey was eaten along the way as well but I think my sister had a lot left over.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/