Chez Bubba

Started by Mikey, December 30, 2005, 12:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Hello, I recieved my chez bubba drying rack today, and to tell you the truth I was a little disapointed. It was so cockeyed, I could see it as soon as I took it out of the box, oh well I guess it's only for drying fish. I just thought for the money I thought it could be a little straighter. Anyway, it also came with 2 long rods about the same thickness as a coat hanger with bends in them, does anybody know what these are for?

Thanks

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

mikey,  the 2 clips are to hold the racks in . when carrying it to and from smoker, when not carrying around put both of them on the same side so when you slide the racks in they act as a stop. as far as not being straight. from past experance they can get trecked in shipping, , try setting it on a table and have one of the legs of of the table and push down to try to treek it back in shape, if needed i can talk you threw it on the phone, email me your phone #.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

i will try to find a pic to post so you can see how the clips work,

Mikey

Thanks Rob, I figured out how to use them as a stop, but I never thought to use them on both sides when carrying, makes sense. I think I straightened it a bit, but I dont want to stress a weld too far, besides, a man running for his life will never notice. Now I dont have to take up the whole kitchen counter top with racks of fish.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

mikey, once you push down on one side with 1 leg of the table ,flip it around and then push on the other side the same way. you will notice how it is built two sides then with cross braces welded on, once you put it on a table you will see that one leg on each side will touch and the other one on each side wont. giving you that rocking motion, the leg that is up is the one that you want off the table so you can push down to tweek the sides back in. if you break it i will fix it ok, since i am the one who makes them, let me know if i can help you more.

Mikey

Hey Rob, worked like a charm. It might have had a heavy box set on top of it in shipping. Thanks again for your help, now thats service.

SMOKEHOUSE ROB