From A Friend

Started by NePaSmoKer, May 07, 2011, 06:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnie1

Quote from: lumpy on May 11, 2011, 07:07:33 AM
Sure is nice to be able to stuff outside, eh Rick?
Hey Lumpy, ask em why he's stuffing outside, I'm not tellin  :-X

Tenpoint5

Quote from: carnie1 on May 13, 2011, 09:37:45 PM
I got dibs on the water all over the floor incident!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 14, 2011, 03:24:10 AM
Quote from: carnie1 on May 13, 2011, 09:37:45 PM
I got dibs on the water all over the floor incident!!

I aint tellin  :D

pikeman_95

OK you splash monkeys pay attention you'r going to get me in trouble with your wives. I filled and emptied a 35 pound stuffer three times for a buyer, and never swamped the kitchen.

Here are a couple of Ideas. First place your stuffer base in an upside down tote lid. Then if you have any little accidents it is contained within the lid. A good sponge will sop it up easily.

Here is a 12 pound stuffer in a tote lid.

Now for a few reminders and some tricks. When you are filling the stuffer with water put a paper towel over the air vent so that when it is full the water doesn't shoot all the way across the room. Another suggestion you might try what I have started to do. I am no longer going to attach a knob to the piston rather I am going to attach and eye bolt. Sorry guys not all the ideas come at once.

This gives you something to grab the piston with. When the stuffing job is done one of the most difficult parts is emptying the water out of the stuffer. First take the stuffing tube end off and slowly bring the piston out with water pressure until the first O ring clears the end of the pipe but not so far that the second O ring comes out. Then stop shut off the water pressure at the sink. Now open the air vent and using the drill pump suck all the water out of the stuffer including lifting the front of the stuffer so all the water runs to the back end and out. Once the stuffer is empty, use the eye bolt to pull the piston the rest of the way out or the tube.

Kirby

viper125

Curious where and how much do these stuffers run?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NePaSmoKer

Just want to let everyone know who is going to get a KC stuffer that the water problem was not due to a KC problem. I just didnt have the hose connector tight enough.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 15, 2011, 04:11:20 AM
Just want to let everyone know who is going to get a KC stuffer that the water problem was not due to a KC problem. I just didnt have the hose connector tight enough.

Mine was I had the drill pump on backwards. Completely operator error on my part.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

_Bear_

LOL, you guys crack me up, but I still am not showing this to my wife. She warmed up to the idea when I told her we could make dog treats for our 2 fur kids with it
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"

pikeman_95

Quote from: _Bear_ on May 15, 2011, 08:42:11 AM
LOL, you guys crack me up, but I still am not showing this to my wife. She warmed up to the idea when I told her we could make dog treats for our 2 fur kids with it

That is funny. That is what the ladies that bought the monster stuffer and the 12 pound-er yesterday. They are making and selling buffalo dog treats. $2.50 / oz These are all health food treats. No fillers except for a binder. Will having bowzer doing push ups. Now you can tell her about all the money you are going to save. Like I tell my wife about the free meat I get form hunting. ;D ;D

_Bear_

I know, I read about the ladys making dog treats in your monster stuffer thread. I saw that and pointed it out to the wife, she said "Oh....I kind of like that idea" and I immidiatly sent you an email saying "I will take one" before she could change her mind  ;D
Bradly Digital 6 rack smoker
Bradley Propane Smoker
The Big Easy
Broil King gas BBQ
"Cant hurt it, it's already dead"