A.C. Leggs Seasonings

Started by jleiwig, August 14, 2012, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleiwig

Columbia Spice has their discount promotion going on.  They already have some of the best prices on A.C. Leggs stuff to begin with, but with the 15% it makes it even better.  I ordered the pork sausage, the new zesty chorizo, maple sausage, hot links, and Salisbury steak. So far I have tried everything but the maple and the hot links.  I have to say that there is a sweet spot with the seasoning, and it's usually adding about 10-20% more than what is called for.  Their package says it will season 25lbs, but I would guess that 20 lbs would be more accurate.  Everyone raves about the regular pork sausage seasoning, and I'm the only one in my family who likes chorizo, so I really like it. The salisbury steak is really good too.  I plan on first trying the hot links mixed 50/50 with Penzeys spices polish sausage seasoning.  I'm not sure how spicy it is, but I doubt too spicy would pass around here.

Anyway, I just wanted to let people know what I think about the A.C. Leggs seasonings

Redneckinthecity

Thanks for the post.  My family had a small packing house and AC Legg was the company that we purchased our sausage seasoning (and souse and other products) from.  Our plant burned many years ago.  I have the original recipe that my grandfather used, and contacted AC Legg to see if they still have our recipe.  They do, but only sell custom blends in units of 250 pounds.  So I've been thinking of trying their blend #10 (which supposedly has more sage) to see how close it is to the family recipe -- or my best memory of it.