Easy cod

Started by destrouk, May 17, 2012, 07:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destrouk

Ok so its not very exciting nor does it take very long but its and quick
The brine was 500ml 4 heaped table spoons of kosher salt I had some ends of cod kicking around and wanted to do this quick brine .
Rule of thumb 15 mins in the brine for every half inch of fish so if the thickest bit is that 15 mins it is  ..set the temp to approx 120 130 smoked with alder for 2 hours then cranked it for 1 hour at 150 check fish it was done .. I'm going to shorten the cooking time as i think they were ready 30 mins b4 anyway as with any brine please remember to rinse well to avoid the super salty .
in the smoker they go

after they have been smoked I used ALDER by the way

salty cod on the plate yuuuuuum

it wasn't fancy but it was yum ill throw some other stuff in the brine next time anyone else have quick recipes

squirtthecat

I'll take a salty cod soft taco, please!

Looks good.....

destrouk

Funny you say that . that's what me and the wife were thinking of doing next lol

KyNola

Beautiful color on the cod.  Looks like it really took the smoke very well.  Nice work!

destrouk

Thanks !!! it was my first time doing it !

Smoker John

I like cod a lot, yours looked like it turned out real nice.
Bradley Digital 4 Rack
Bradley BS712

muebe

Great color and looks real flaky.

Nice job ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

That turned out nice. Looks good. Have you considered purchasing some frog mats for the racks. Keeps food from sticking. Makes cleaning easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

destrouk

I have never even heard of a frog mat ??

KyNola

Quote from: destrouk on May 18, 2012, 07:33:07 AM
I have never even heard of a frog mat ??
Frogmats are a high temp(500+) screen like material that nothing really sticks to.  Bryan at www.YardandPool.com has them precut to fit the Bradley racks. 

Bryan is a member of the forum and on the trusted vendors list.  I highly recommend Frogmats.  Have them to fit all of my Bradley racks and my MAK 2 Star General pellet burner.

destrouk

Yet again thanks mate !!! I take it they ship to Vancouver BC ?

KyNola

I think they can ship to BC.  Call and talk to Bryan.  He will do all he can to help you out.

squirtthecat

Yep.   Drop them an email or a phone call and they can arrange USPS shipping..  (avoid the UPS fees)

KyNola

Quote from: squirtthecat on May 18, 2012, 08:40:27 AM
Yep.   Drop them an email or a phone call and they can arrange USPS shipping..  (avoid the UPS fees)
And dere you go!

destrouk

yer a great group for sure !!!