Use of aluminum foil

Started by T-Gun, September 05, 2007, 06:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Gun

Hello all, I just bought a new Bradley digital 4rack smoker. I am doing the seasoning right now. I read that you are not to use aluminum foil in this smoker. Can someone tell me what you use? Just a pan or something else. I am also a new smoker. You all have helped in my buying this smoker. Thanks for your help.  T-Gun

Gizmo

Most agree that the warning is in reference to covering up the V-Tray or a full rack which would block the heat and smoke from rising, the fat and other juices from properly draining into the water bowl, and therefore causing a fire potential.  You can use foil to wrap meat or other things as long as you don't block the flow mentioned above or have it touch the sides of the box which could cause liquids to flow down the sides and settle in the bottom of the smoker.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

T-Gun

Thanks Gizmo, That helps me alot. Going to do a brisket for my first smoke tomorrow.

Mr Walleye

Hi T-Gun and welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your new smoker... Lots of fun & good eats ahead!  ;)

You can use tin foil to boat ribs, etc. without a problem. I even use tin foil roasters. You want to make sure you don't block the heat flow through the tower. The other thing you want to make sure you don't end up directing grease drippings where they shouldn't be such as the heating element. Some people have talked about covering the V-pan with tin foil but I would recommend against that as it may cause overheating or grease drippings where you don't want them.

Good luck with the new toy!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Mr Walleye

Oops! Looks like Giz beat me to it!  ::)

Mike

NePaSmoKer

Welcome T-Gun

Giz is right dont cover the v tray.

Smoke on my friend  ;D and show us what ya did if ya can.

nepas

hillbillysmoker

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your smoke.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.