Habs Pastrami (now with junipers)

Started by LilSmoker, August 03, 2007, 09:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilSmoker

Another Habs pastrami! (now with junipers) i love the stuff!

Have a great weekend all!

LilSmoker
<<< Click Me For Great Recipes

Carter

Wow!

Nicely done.  Have a great weekend.

Carter

Habanero Smoker

I had to see that before I had my dinner. That looks real good.

First thing tomorrow I'm headed for Sam's Club to get at least one brisket.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Consiglieri

Is this the batch that went to the pub?  I want pictures of the establishment and the patrons with their meal and beverages.

More importantly, I want a lot of advance notice and an invitation. :P

Looks great.  Follow up question on my last batch.  I used a brisket point and so got different IT readings as the meat cooked.  Wish I pulled it at the earliest 160 reading; would that have resulted in a more moist finish?
Consiglieri

HCT

Boy that looks good, could go for a nice breakfast pastrami sammich right now. I'm with Habs on this on, off to Costco this weekend for a brisket. ;D
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

hillbillysmoker

Looks absolutely awesome.  You created a drool pool here.
May the fragrance of thin blue smoke always grace your backyard.

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

Make that drool pool II. Get me some rye bread and spicey mustard and I'm toast!! My husband is begging me to make it!!!

Oldman

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

LilSmoker

Thanks guys  ;)

QuoteIs this the batch that went to the pub?  I want pictures of the establishment and the patrons with their meal and beverages.

More importantly, I want a lot of advance notice and an invitation.

Looks great.  Follow up question on my last batch.  I used a brisket point and so got different IT readings as the meat cooked.  Wish I pulled it at the earliest 160 reading; would that have resulted in a more moist finish?

Hi Mike, yes this batch was destined for the pub, but there's not much of it left now  ::) ;D, so now i have to do another, and quickly!  ;)

Regarding the IT, i used to aim for anything in the range of 160-165, but now i go for 160 max as imo it is more moist  ;)

LilSmoker

iceman

Great looking L.S. I guess it's off to Sams Club. Again!!! Just when I think I'm done smoking for a bit you guys post pictures like this and I can't help myself from firing the thing back up and smoking more. Geez I swear the ADEC is spying on me to see if I'm selling all the stuff I've been smoking. :D ;D

NewToSmok

Looks awesome.

Just made some myself and its gone.  Sometimes I wish I wasn't so nice to my family.

Quick question: How does this freeze?  Was curious if I make a couple if it froze OK or if I should just make 1 at a time.

Thanks,
Eat, Drink and Smoke!
Be Merry!!!

LilSmoker

Hi NewToSmok, if you vacuum seal the pastrami it freezes fine, if it isn't vacuumed i think it might lose a bit of it's zing!  ;D

Generally though it's ok to freeze, i never seem to have any left to freeze even when i do 2, it all gets devoured!  ;D ;)

LilSmoker

Habanero Smoker

I agree with LilSmoker. I vacuum seal and freeze mine, and the texture and flavors are just as good as when you first made it.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

iceman

Hab and L.S. are on spot. Vacum sealed tastes just as good as fresh. I also have LilSmokers problem of never having enough left over to freeze. Seems the more I try to make the more visitors show up and poof! All gone. :D ;D

La Quinta

I'm going to try giving this a whirl...I'm on my 3rd day of curing...I don't have any apple wood...can I just smoke the whole time in pecan (haven't used pecan yet) so I'm not familiar with it's flavor.