Not happy with myself

Started by Quarlow, November 14, 2010, 12:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

I'm with Habs on this one.  Q, is your tube seated properly?  If it's not it can cause the bisquettes to not fall into place properly.  I'm just wondering if when you moved the unit back to the tower if it jostled the tube out of place.  I just can't see how excess weight would prevent the bisquettes from moving unless there is a TON of weight pressing down on them.  I don't think it's the bubba pucks as I use 3 of them and have never had an issue with them although mine were not made by Scott.  They were the originals from Chez Bubba and they are solid.

Quarlow

The tube is seated properly and the pucks are not hanging up. When I push the button nothing happens. Then I took the Bubba's off and it started advancing properly when pushing the button. The only thing I could think of is the weight of the bubba's.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Quarlow

It could be the motor is going, or just to weak to push when the bubba pucks are on it.

Try this quick test;

Remove the feeder tube and all the bisquettes then place a finger down the feeder tube hole in front of the push plate
then push the wood advance button let the plate push up against your finger.

Let me know what happens when the plate hits your finger.

Brian.

Slamdunk

And let us know what profanities you yell out when it's discovered the motor is good and strong  :o :o

KyNola

Same thing I was thinking! :D

Bradley (Head Office)

Quote from: slamdunk on November 23, 2010, 06:58:59 AM
And let us know what profanities you yell out when it's discovered the motor is good and strong  :o :o

The motor is not that strong  ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on November 23, 2010, 07:00:06 PM
Quote from: slamdunk on November 23, 2010, 06:58:59 AM

The motor is not that strong  ;D

No but the surprise factor IS!! :o :o
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Ok I just got this Brian so I will try it soon and let you know.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.