NO SNOW NOOOOOO

Started by NePaSmoKer, October 14, 2009, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 15, 2009, 06:34:35 AM
AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGG

Not supposed to be doing this today. I even went out last night in my native loin cloth and did the no snow dance  :D

UGH

I bet that would be a sight.  :D ;D

tsquared

QuoteNot supposed to be doing this today. I even went out last night in my native loin cloth and did the no snow dance  Cheesy
I'm still chuckling over Ka's abysmal behaviour comment but I can always use more smiles. Have you got video of this dance Nepas?
T2
Oakville--good on you for working with those kids. Where do you ski?

carnie1

pensrock

QuoteI-95 is lookin' good

So when are you heading south? Before Xmas?

Ka Honu

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on October 15, 2009, 06:34:35 AMNot supposed to be doing this today. I even went out last night in my native loin cloth and did the no snow dance  :D

Thanks, nepas; your dance must have worked - no sign of snow here (and I didn't even have to see you in your loincloth).

oakville smoker

T Squared

Stuck in Ontario for the most part.  860 feet of vertical is as good as it gets within a 2 hour drive
I teach in the Collingwood area north of Toronto at a private ski club.  I usually pick up a season pass at a place called Blue Mountain  ( not sure where the mountain part comes from LOL )   The last couple of years I have managed 47 days of skiing.  This year I would love to break 50 and I have a ton of vacation days to use up.  My boss is going to wonder if I still work here come March !  He and his wife need ski lessons so I will probably have to oblige

Usually I try to get away for a couple of weeks of ski therapy, this year it is looking like Sunday River in Maine, incredible resort, 131 runs, tons of extreme terrain.  they even opened a run yesterday just to say they could.  All at the higher elevations but open none the less.  In March, I should be heading to Stowe Vermont for 3 days at Stowe to ski the "front 4" and 2 at Sugarbush.

All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

classicrockgriller

While you guys will be buried in snow, I will be in my shorts smokin.

NePaSmoKer

I take the pic with slight snow, cant really see much.

nepas

pensrock

Rick, its been snowing here all day, grounds still pretty warm but the snow is now starting to stick. Cool..... snow in the middle of October.  ;D ;D ;D

OU812

We had snow last week end, some wheres around 3" here on sat then warming sun and rain. Now its all gone and raining almost every day.

pensrock

The power company called and said they are shutting down power to the whole area tomorrow from 8:30am to 2:30pm to upgrade the transformer station. Weather service is calling for 4-12 inches of heavy wet snow. You would think the power company could have scheduled this a month ago to avoid this but noooooo.  >:(

Tiny Tim

QuoteNot supposed to be doing this today. I even went out last night in my native loin cloth and did the no snow dance  Cheesy

If you used last year's loin cloth, it's no wonder it's snowing...the loin cloth fell off.......

ArnieM

Quote from: pensrock on October 15, 2009, 01:35:40 PM
The power company called and said they are shutting down power to the whole area tomorrow from 8:30am to 2:30pm to upgrade the transformer station. Weather service is calling for 4-12 inches of heavy wet snow. You would think the power company could have scheduled this a month ago to avoid this but noooooo.  >:(

They probably scheduled the work but not the snow.  But, combining the work with the snow - better buy some candles and get a propane smoker expressed out.  ;D
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

carnie1

Quote from: pensrock on October 15, 2009, 07:45:25 AM
QuoteI-95 is lookin' good

So when are you heading south? Before Xmas?
I doubt it , still working yet, see here
nice weather for the pumpkin patch , supposed to be crappy all weekend too they say

pensrock

QuoteBut, combining the work with the snow - better buy some candles and get a propane smoker expressed out.

I have a propane smoker, but thats not going to help much if there is no heat in the house.  :(
Someone said they may delay this 1 month if that big storm actually hits. The storm will most likely knock the power out anyway. So if they delay it, then they will be doing the work in November, another nice month to be without power.  ???

Carnie1, Yea that does not look like a good time at all. Yes all weekend is supposed to be like this or worse. I guess next week its supposed to warm up into the 60's.