What Did Santa Bring You

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 24, 2010, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbadee

For the chef in me I got a Jack Lalanne juicer, Bradley cold smoker attachment, and an electric salt/pepper mill.  The mill holds salt and pepper and you flip the switch on top one direction to grind salt and the other direction to grind pepper (very cool).  Looking forward to using them all.

GusRobin

I had a surprise. When we were done opening presents, the wife said there is one more that someone dropped off. I opened it and it was from Schmidty (my friend Rob).

In it was:

I had mentioned that I had been looking for these since I first saw them on the forum. Couldn't find them on line at Cabela's and we don't have one near by so i don't have a clue how he got them. But thanks Rob.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tiny Tim

Well, let's see...a Santa in NE PA brought me a nice sized snack that was written about in the Exchange thread, and a Santa sitting on this chair typing brought me a Foodsaver V3485 just after Thanksgiving.  The 2 fuzzy Santa's that live in this house with me brought me love and affection today (as well as every other day).  And all of the Santa's on this board brought me much enjoyment and support this year.  Yes, I feel very blessed.

Now if only the Powerball Santa will think I was nice this year.............

RFT

I got 4 racks. half gallon of Carolina Treet and some Budweiser BBQ sauce, Undies, Socks ,Chocolate covered almonds from Costco. yum.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

OU812

I GOT A PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Brindle Boxer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seemore

The BEST gift ever.  My parents have wintered in the Florida for the past 15 or so years, so Xmas has been a joint celebration with Thanksgiving.
This year, however, they stayed home.  Christmas was once again at Mom & Dad's house. 
I am sure they regret staying here whenever the snow flies, but all I know is that it felt like a real holiday again.
seemore

manxman

I dropped enough hints recently about a Cobb BBQ and ended up getting two, one from my two sons and one from my partner. Between them they decided I needed two to cover the boat and the house and I am certainly not complaining!!  ;) :D

Got a few other nice pressies including fish filleting knife and wetsuit but also had to go into work unexpectedly half way though Christmas Dinner which was a bit of a bummer.

All in all a nice day with family though.  :)

Manxman

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: manxman on December 26, 2010, 09:10:30 AM
I dropped enough hints recently about a Cobb BBQ and ended up getting two, one from my two sons and one from my partner. Between them they decided I needed two to cover the boat and the house and I am certainly not complaining!!  ;) :D

Got a few other nice pressies including fish filleting knife and wetsuit but also had to go into work unexpectedly half way though Christmas Dinner which was a bit of a bummer.

All in all a nice day with family though.  :)

Sorry to hear about your Christmas dinner interruption.

Can you post your experience with the Cobb BBQ. Ever since you mention them, I've been wanting to purchase one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

TestRocket

Jan and I went light on each other this year with the addition of all the little ones (7 total, 5 that are 6 years old and under) we tucked under our wings with the marriage of one daughter and our other daughter given us our first grandbaby!

So the best thing I got this year for Christmas was seeing lots of smiles and hearing the screams of happiness within a house full of family (26 for Christmas dinner).

But I did get one of those presents that will go down as something I didn't see coming that was a great idea. We had borrowed my M-I-L's little patio refrigerator for the wedding back in late October and then have used it thru Thanksgiving and for Christmas with the intention of returning it now that Christmas was over.

Well I can return it now and still have a small refrigerator in the garage! It's amazing the benefit of having just a little extra place for soft drinks and other stuff! A great gift!   ;D

lumpy

Santa came early this year and bought me a cottage in Northern Ontario thats why he missed my house on Xmas eve :D

Lumpy

hal4uk

Santa brung me a lot of nice gifts and such, but the best thing he brung me wuz visiting time with family and friends.
Spent three days in "my old Kentucky home".

I think the best moment was when my (very young) neice said the blessing...
She went on and on for about five minutes...
Somewhere in the middle, she said, "and, Lord, please don't let Santa get sick... "

;D ;D ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Quarlow

Quote from: seemore on December 26, 2010, 12:11:36 AM
The BEST gift ever.  My parents have wintered in the Florida for the past 15 or so years, so Xmas has been a joint celebration with Thanksgiving.
This year, however, they stayed home.  Christmas was once again at Mom & Dad's house. 
I am sure they regret staying here whenever the snow flies, but all I know is that it felt like a real holiday again.
seemore
I sort of know how you have felt. Even thought I was not living at home when my mom and dad divorced, the one thing in my life that I could count on was a relatively happy xmas. And when they split that was the end to my happy times from childhood. Unfortuunately for my wife and kids I have a hard time getting excited about it. The point is it was just never the same and couldn't be without it being the way it was. Geez, how sad is that. I think I need therapy. Lol
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

jiggerjams

Well guys I was blessed enough to see all my family and all were in good health. I received some good tangables too. The staples: socks, underwear, shower gel, deodorant, shampoo,  wrenches, nice drinking glasses. The fun: DVD's, PS3 game. The Kitchen: Oven Roaster combo, and an indoor grill.

I have been receiving help from CRG and Mikeradio over the course of the past 10 days. They have been my support group on trying to get the starter that I received to grow. Nothing would work. I am following instruction, there are bubbles but there is no growth. There it is still only as high as the line I marked on the bottle....I don't get it. I even stirred it two days in a row, lid on, lid off....oh well I tried and we put up a good fight. Thanks Sonny and Mike for the support.

I did receive a shocking surprise on Christmas morning though:

After the third stir in three days, I left it on the counter with the lid on overnight and "Yes finally it grew" "It is alive!!"
My goal is to feed Mike (the starter) tonight and make bread tomorrow. May the bread gods be looking down on me.

Bless you all.

JJ

OU812

Good for you JJ!

Way to bring Mike back to life.  ;D

Tenpoint5

I would be changing the name of that starter to Kringle!! I think it got a little Christmas magic sprinkled in by Ole Santa himself!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!