Friend visiting, now got him sold on a Bradley!

Started by Stargazer, July 12, 2009, 10:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Got a very good friend of mine visiting here in Kentucky right now from Alabama.

Been cooking up some great stuff, alot of smoking in my Bradley and finally did up a beautiful pulled pork for him.

Sorry, no pictures of it.

Rubbed down with mustard and whipped up a basic simple rub of dark brown and white sugar, cumin, White black and red pepper and chili powder. Let sit over night.

Smoked for 8 hours using Jim Beam pucks and let roast the rest around 180 degrees and slowly increased to 200 after the meat plateaued but letting it sit during that static time.

Took about 15 hours total but had a great time going out once in a while with a few cold ones to talk while watching that smoke slowly rise until the meat internal reached 190 degrees.

This is my friends first experience smoking anything mind you.

I forgot to spray my two racks with a non stick spray but that was actually icing on the cake...

As my friend held the deep dish pan while I unloaded the first rack dumping it in, it stuck for a moment, then just split in two so effortlessly :D

The look on his eyes was like this little kid at Christmas. We took the two shoulders inside and quickly pulled then foiled up for the next nights meal, which was last night. Me my friend and my dad had one heck of a killer feast reheating the pork, adding alittle Jim Beam BBQ sauce homemade honey and sorghum backed beans with home made bacon and sweet corn bread on the side.

My friend is not only a converted smoker, but is wanting a Bradley at that. I told him to give Yard & Pool a call soon as he gets back home.

You can't go to a top restaurant paying top dollar for something even one third as good as this.

But sure wish I had some pictures to post for this event :(
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

beefmann

great story and wonderfull times as well, i can see another newbie smoker on the forum that we all can  help.. congrats on the smoke and fun

Mr Walleye

Great story Stargazer!   8)

Sounds like a really good relaxing time was had by all.  ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes