brine a frozen turkey

Started by sterlingpriceporker, November 12, 2009, 07:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sterlingpriceporker

ok so its not completly frozen but not completely thawed either. logic tells me to wait until it is thawed but will it still work of part of the bird is still cold?  ???
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

classicrockgriller

SPP, I think your logic is a pretty smart person.

Quarlow

Yeah in fact the brine will help to thaw it out and then it will do it's thing.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quarlow

We sometimes thaw our turkeys in cold water if we didn't get it out in time. Another tradition my mom started. She never took the turkey out soon enough, but the turkey hotline says it is fine so we don't have any trouble with it. We haven't killed anyone yet.........but there was that one year when granny had to go lay down for a couple of hours. Never figured out why she was carrying that bottle with the amber liquid in it, just thought it was medicine.LOL
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

It is a fact. Turkey has something in it that makes you want to sleep after u eat it.

Is it MSG

Somebody will tell us.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: classicrockgriller on November 12, 2009, 11:24:55 PM
It is a fact. Turkey has something in it that makes you want to sleep after u eat it.

Is it MSG

Somebody will tell us.

Turkey contains an amino acid called L-Tryptophan, which has a sleep inducing affect. But in the past few years that has come under scrutiny. Some argue there is not enough L-Tryptophan to induce sleep, and that it is because most people over eat and drink more alcohol during the meat; that is makes them sleepy. For me it is the latter. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

sterlingpriceporker

thanks for the input, I'm cooking the brine now.  ::)
truly great men know the power of napping. I'm a great man.

Hopefull Romantic

Although I do agree with Habs about the "latter" reason for indusing sleep, I never knew about the amino acid.

Thanks Habs.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.