Bradley 14 Rack Smoker

Started by HawkeyeSmokes, November 27, 2009, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HawkeyeSmokes

Here's a pic of my DBS6 after installing the 8 rack kit from Big JT. Very nice kit to install by the way. All 14 racks are in it here. It's on it's 1st test run right now with 6 racks of jerky and a couple racks of peanuts.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quarlow

Sweet. ;) ;) When I think of the amount of nuts I could do in there I start to drool.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

watchdog56

Where did you get the kit from? I have a 4 rack and would be nice to get a couple of more racks in there if possible.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: watchdog56 on November 27, 2009, 05:52:00 PM
Where did you get the kit from? I have a 4 rack and would be nice to get a couple of more racks in there if possible.

I got the kit from Scotts Place. The extra racks are from Yard & Pool
HawkeyeSmokes

watchdog56

Would it work In a 4 rack digital or is there wires running on the sides that when I drill into the walls it could short it out? What holds the racks on the side that can hold the weight of a butt or brisket? Is it just self tapping screws?

HawkeyeSmokes

The kit was designed in a 4 rack SS smoker. I installed it in my 6 rack digital and it fit perfect so I'm sure it will fit the 4 rack digital perfect also. Each rail is fastened with 3 self tapping screws. Only took about 15 minutes with a 1/4" nut driver chucked in a drill to install. You still have all the original rails left in place too. No wires in the sides to worry about either.

Here's a link to the original post when Big JT started on it. 12 Rack SS BS
HawkeyeSmokes

watchdog56

Do you think if you had all 12 racks filled with ribs there would be still good flavor going to the ribs. There does not look to be much room in between the racks. I know it does not take uch room for smoke but just a thought.

watchdog56

Also how long are the screws? I picked up some #8X 1/2 inch long self tappers.They look like they should work.

classicrockgriller

I go hunting for a few days and you grew 8 racks.

Nice job. Wish know I would have bought an 6 rk instead of a 4.

I didn't think I wanted to do the extra racks in mine, but after thinking about what
you can do with not only jerky, but the flexibility of placing your food for reg smokes,
I might reconsider.

I could very easily do 3 racks of fat butts with the extra rack advantagefor spacing.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 01, 2009, 08:15:07 PM
I go hunting for a few days and you grew 8 racks.

Nice job. Wish know I would have bought an 6 rk instead of a 4.

I didn't think I wanted to do the extra racks in mine, but after thinking about what
you can do with not only jerky, but the flexibility of placing your food for reg smokes,
I might reconsider.

I could very easily do 3 racks of fat butts with the extra rack advantagefor spacing.

The flexibility of moving the racks was some thing I didn't think about until after I first used it. Just that makes it worth doing.
HawkeyeSmokes

classicrockgriller

after thinking about it..... it is a plus and It might quinch my desire for a six rack.

Gonna e-mail Scott tomorrow and get me a cple of them.

Thanks HES

classicrockgriller

You might want to mention this to him so he can advertise it for two options of use.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: classicrockgriller on December 01, 2009, 09:03:25 PM
You might want to mention this to him so he can advertise it for two options of use.

I did do that CRG. I am very happy with the kit, him and Big JT did a great job!
HawkeyeSmokes

Hopefull Romantic

Ho there HS and a job well done.

How did you space in the new racks? Did you place them between / above / under the existing racks or did you have to relocate the shelves for the original racks?

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on December 01, 2009, 10:09:25 PM
Ho there HS and a job well done.

How did you space in the new racks? Did you place them between / above / under the existing racks or did you have to relocate the shelves for the original racks?

HR

HR, the kit comes with a template that spaces 2 new rails between the original ones. All the original ones stay in place. It's a nice kit thats real easy to install. Well worth it IMHO!
HawkeyeSmokes