Darqman and His New Harley ..... Bad Accident

Started by classicrockgriller, September 16, 2010, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 20, 2010, 04:42:07 AM

Steve, we're gonna get you something with a little more protection then a helmet...

I like that one -  :) ;) :D ;D ;D

Get well Steve!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SnellySmokesEm

Darqman -
           Just got back in town and read this post.  First let me say I am glad you are home and recovering.  I am glad to hear that you are going to buy a helmet before you ride again.  I have personally lost two good friends due to riding without a helmet and it really hurts when you know they would have survived if they had a helmet on.  You definitely had someone looking over your shoulder that day!  Get we soon my fellow smoker....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Quarlow

You know I don't think its the helmets...IT'S THOSE DAM DEER. I don't think they should be aloud to play in traffic anymore. Seriously.. and don't tell my wife, but I literaly came within 6 inches of my final day on earth. It happened at about 2:30 am monday morning. I was heading to Blue River in central B.C. in a torrential down pour. They had been doing work on the roads there for a couple of months now and had the concrete barriers remove so the road was wide open to the 30 foot drop into a white water section of the Thompson river. It was raining so hard I could barely see the road so I was doing maybe 50 mph. I came around a corner and there was 4 deer chasing each other around on the road. I hit the binders as hard as I could which cause my 20 foot trailer to jack knife around toward the river. It was a lite load which is probably what saved me from going completely over the egde but my front axle was hooked over the edge and with the trailer sideways I could not move. The trucker behind me stopped it time to not hit me which may have shoved me over the edge anyway. He hooked a chain to the side of my trailer and cause the roads were wet and the light load he managed to pull the trailer straight and then get my front wheel on the road again. I am seriously looking for a new career. 2 close calls in one year is more than I have had in 22 years altogether. I don't mean to take from this post for Darqman but I think those deer should be banned from the roads. ;D ;D I sure hope you feel better soon Darqman. Glad you will smoke again.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Sailor

I have been absent from the forum for a bit and just read this.  Darqman, I am glad that you are feeling better.  In my younger days when I was at the Fire Department we called those types of accidents "Murder Cycle" accidents.  Picking up lots and lots of guys that were not so lucky it sure made be a believer in helmets.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

gb186

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Quarlow on September 21, 2010, 10:10:56 PM
You know I don't think its the helmets...IT'S THOSE DAM DEER. I don't think they should be aloud to play in traffic anymore. Seriously.. and don't tell my wife, but I literaly came within 6 inches of my final day on earth. It happened at about 2:30 am monday morning. I was heading to Blue River in central B.C. in a torrential down pour. They had been doing work on the roads there for a couple of months now and had the concrete barriers remove so the road was wide open to the 30 foot drop into a white water section of the Thompson river. It was raining so hard I could barely see the road so I was doing maybe 50 mph. I came around a corner and there was 4 deer chasing each other around on the road. I hit the binders as hard as I could which cause my 20 foot trailer to jack knife around toward the river. It was a lite load which is probably what saved me from going completely over the egde but my front axle was hooked over the edge and with the trailer sideways I could not move. The trucker behind me stopped it time to not hit me which may have shoved me over the edge anyway. He hooked a chain to the side of my trailer and cause the roads were wet and the light load he managed to pull the trailer straight and then get my front wheel on the road again. I am seriously looking for a new career. 2 close calls in one year is more than I have had in 22 years altogether. I don't mean to take from this post for Darqman but I think those deer should be banned from the roads. ;D ;D I sure hope you feel better soon Darqman. Glad you will smoke again.

Where did you hide the skivvys Q? Or was you wearing that Orange G-string that everyone has been eluding to on this forum?

Laughter is the best medicine!! If nothing else I made Darqman smile ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Those ones I paid homage to the river gods. Of course they weren't much good for anything else after that.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on September 23, 2010, 08:03:30 PM
Those ones I paid homage to the river gods. Of course they weren't much good for anything else after that.  :D :D :D

Ewwwwwhhh! :D ;D :D

classicrockgriller

I talked with Steve today and He told me a group of co-workers came and picked him

up Today and brought him to the Office.

Said it was sure nice to get out for a bit and that he even did a little work.

I think he might try it again tomorrow.

Steve works for a great Boss! They are looking out for Him!

caustic casey

I, too, have been away from the boards for a while.
All the best from a fellow HD rider!

DarqMan

Just thought I'd give a quick update on my progress.  As CRG mentioned, I went in for a few hours last Thursday.  Thursday night I was soo sore so didn't go in Friday.  Today, I went in for a couple hours and then came home.  Feels good to get out and be a productive member of society. 

Tomorrow, I have an 11am Dr's appointment to get the stitches in my head and above my left eye removed and then I'll go into the office for a while again.

Sunday a BBQ buddy of mine came over with a slab of pear smoked ribs, ABT's, Ceasar Salad and stir fried snap peas.  That was the most food I've eaten in 3 weeks and was indeed a special treat.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

BuyLowSellHigh

DM ... good to see signs of life !  You've been missed. 

Welcome back !
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

Tenpoint5

Take it easy and do what you can Darqman. Don't want to overdo it and set back any of the healing. We need you to be around for awhile.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ArnieM

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

hal4uk

Welcome back Darq!  Good to see you're up and around some!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby