Jerky Slicer

Started by wi bucky, March 31, 2010, 07:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wi bucky

I bought a 6 rack Bradley a few months ago and have used it a lot, and after cutting up whole muscle meat with my slicer and by hand I figured it was time for a change, so I bought a Jerky Slicer from cabelas, all the slices are the same width, so it all gets done at the same time,great investment!!!

RAF128

I've seen those on the Cabelas site and in their catelog.    They look like they work great.   I still have the hand slicer from Hi Mountain and it's a lot faster than my meat slicer.    Maybe if I partially froze the meat the slicer would work better.   Right now I'm going to stick with what I have.

unclebuck

I have had the Cabela's jerky slicer for a few years.  The only problem that I have found with it is when if there is some gristle in the middle of the meat.  It tends to ball up in the slicer and make one goddawful mess.  Other than that it is an excellent investment!!!
what can't be smoked can't be eaten

Indy Smoker

I've got the Cabelas slicer as well hooked up to my 1 1/2 hp grinder.  I also contacted Weston supply and bought just the insert for the cuber and have made 2 tools out of 1.  Gotta be careful with those sharp blades, they're very unforgiving on yout fingertips.