Another race in the S curve

Started by Oldman, June 06, 2007, 03:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well this time it was one of those limited cameros with a big block engine. Me? I was in my MG Midget (1,275 CC engine.) He was in front and by the time we were in the first of the S curve I came out of 3rd and into forth. He was having a hard time holding the line. We were  in the outside lane. As we came to the center of the first curve I flipped into the inside lane. A good 70 mph. As we came out of the first curve we were head to head. In between the curves there is a short straight run. It was here that his big HP came to his aid. In order to keep me from taking him on the second curve he cut me off by going to the center of the road. He knew I owned him... as my MG was right on his butt.

When I got home I told Susan.. "That's it! I'm getting that SuperCharger for this MG!" You got to understand that this little Midget only has about 45 HP. With the SuperCharger it will put out 70-75 HP. If I had that SuperCharger today I would have blown past him in the first curve.

I must have a red light on my head that says... RACE ME. If it not someone trying to take on my Jeep with its Hemi engine, it is someone wanting to take on my MG Midget.

It was a good thing I put new tires on the puppy yesterday.

Oh you will find this funny.... In the first curve I hear this zing of something come off of the MG and hits the curb. I quicking see in my side mirrow this small metal item flying in the air.  Instantly what went through my mind was... Gee I hope that is not important as it came off of my MG.. It turned out the be the small center cap of my spoked left rear tire.

I got a feeling if I don't slow down I'm going to kill myself in this little car.... or I have to find that off switch for that red light    ;D

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

icerat4

Feeling like a lil buck again huh old man. ;D

Just another weekend with the smoker...

MWS

Quote from: Oldman on June 06, 2007, 03:36:05 PM
I got a feeling if I don't slow down I'm going to kill myself in this little car.... or I have to find that off switch for that red light    ;D

Or some poor bystander......Sorry, but the street is no place for racing IMHO.
Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"