When you want something done correctly....

Started by Oldman, September 08, 2004, 12:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Well this is what I get for using my little Sister and Brother. You would think that between the two of them we could the job done--nope!

Ok, I can see if I want the job done correctly I will have to do it myself.

My name is Ivan, and I'm coming to visit with ya soon~~!

<font size="6">GRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr</font id="size6">

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

It's great to see you can keep a sense of humor through all of this Olds. That probably helps get you to tomorrow. Not so sure I could do the same, think I'd be feelin' pretty beat up by now.

Good Luck & stay safe.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Oldman

Ok it is time to wake up. Joke is over with... someone pinch me. Oh ya can you believe this. As wet as this state is it rain like a bat after a bug all night long here. Guess I will not be doing no sauage this weekend.

If this does come down and I'm not back on line in a few days then you can bet it will be quite sometime before I return. I've half heartly joked with my wife about retiring to Cananda. All they got is snow and I know can turn up the heat. With the exchange I could do quite well living in Canada.

There was something I saw a couple of days back in the newspaper that the more I have thought about it, the more it has caused me to reflect. What was said was that America is always helping out those in need. All over world. With two hurricanes hitting Florida within 3 weeks not one country has offered any help. I'm not saying we need it. America is a big boy. We can take care of our own. However, as said, it sure has given me reason to reflect.

Below is a real projection.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Cold Smoke

Olds, this whole hurricane/tropical business is likely getting old for you. Central Canada's a pretty decent place. No hurricanes, no earthquakes, few tornadoes, no smog. But the mosquitoes! And you never have to worry about losing your dog cause it's soooo flat out here- some say you can watch your dog run away from home-----for days on end. [:)]

Best of luck with Ivan, eh!

Cold Smoke

Oldman

Cold I will tell you I have long wanted to live in Cananda. Lived in New Hampshire as a boy.

As far as mosquitoes go have you seen the mosquitoes killing machines we have down here? Ya they cost but a couple of them in outside and you can have a large kill area.  They cost around 800.00 to 1000.00 US each.

A couple of things we are going to have to check into is how our insurance will work up there. The other is citizenship and how that would impact our insurance we have here. Our health insurance is with the State of Florida. If we are not citizens then I'm sure there would be a yearly limited timelime we could stay there.

It is just an idea but the more I refect about it the more I'm concidering it.

Fuzzybear

<font color="blue"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">So, Olds will be going "Cold" turkey huh?  Good Idea Olds!  Enough of Charlie and his family members sneaking in the back door!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="blue">

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Oldman

On one of gardening sites the question of other countries offering to help out Florida has some saying yes and others saying no.

To that end I wrote the following:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">09.10.04

Greetings Governor Bush,

First, please allow me to say that after watching you in action I am one real proud Floridian who can say, "Now that is what being a Governor is all about!" Even talk show hosts, who are at times at odds with you, have express their appreciation for your outstanding leadership at this time.

Next, Sir, I belong to a couple of online Gardening Communities. One of the communities has over 5,600 members. We have a question that, when this weather business is over with, we would like you to address. We would like to know if any country has offered to help Florida during this time of hurricanes. If so, who are they and what aid was given/ offered.

Again, thank you for the great job you have been doing here in Florida.

Raye Minor
St. Petersburg, Florida
[email protected]
[email protected]
I sent this to: [email protected]
I figure it will be at least a couple of weeks before we get a reply. I will advise when recieved.
Pineapple_Raye
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I know Gov. Bush will answer. I wrote to him a couples of years back about another matter, and he replied. It will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Chez Bubba

Olds,

I will be very interested in his reply. My opinion is we Americans are very "unique" in the thought of aid to other countries. I'd love to be proven wrong.

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Cold Smoke

I sure hope that your neighbors up north would write you a big cheque. Just read a letter to the editor in our local newspaper reiterating your exact words.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">There was something I saw a couple of days back in the newspaper that the more I have thought about it, the more it has caused me to reflect. What was said was that America is always helping out those in need. All over world. With two hurricanes hitting Florida within 3 weeks not one country has offered any help<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I guess the boys up on the hill in Ottawa are still p_ssed off about the border shut down on the beef exports. I guess that was the guys in that big white house in Washington's way of telling the guys in Ottawa that we should have supported that Iraq thing.

Good luck with this next one- mega bummer for you Floridians.[:(][V]

Cold Smoke