First smoke in BDS.

Started by mikecorn.1, June 21, 2009, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

If this works, you should see pictures of my first smoke attempt and first picture posting in the forum. I did some bacon wrapped chicken breasts and chicken legs. I know its not pulled pork, brisket or ribs, but i had to start somewhere. I set the temp at 230 and it was holding steady at 225 to 227. At one point it dropped to 215 towards the end, i put temp up to 240 and it quickly stabilized at 225 for the last 40 minutes. Dont know why it did this. Next i will give it a go on baby back ribs.  

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00779.jpg[/img]]

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq10/mikecorn_1/Michael%20Smoking%20Meats/DSC00781.jpg[/img]]
Mike

KyNola

Nice going Mike!  Love bacon wrapped chicken breasts.  Those look really good.  As far as I concerned your run was a good one and a wise choice.  Now that you've gotten your first one under your belt and have a better feel for how your BDS is going to react, you're ready to go!

KyNola

deb415611

mikecorn.1

thanks, next is going to be ribs. this friday.
Mike

Smokin Soon

Looks great! How impressed were the product consumers?

Gizmo

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on June 21, 2009, 12:55:40 PM
I set the temp at 230 and it was holding steady at 225 to 227. At one point it dropped to 215 towards the end, i put temp up to 240 and it quickly stabilized at 225 for the last 40 minutes. Dont know why it did this. Next i will give it a go on baby back ribs. 

Sounds like for a "newbie" you already have a great handle on temp control.   :)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

mikecorn.1

consumers were very impressed, just sat back at inlaws and watched and listened. after i heard the comments, than i fessed up to em. good reviews. thanks for all the help everyone.
Mike

Smokin Soon

Mike, don't "fess up". We all like for folks to think this is some form of "art", and not easy at all!  :D

mikecorn.1

All i told them is that i spent all morning slaving away to get'em just right.  ;D
Mike

Smokin Soon

Caneyscud

Time for the Pledge

Raise you right hand, step on your left toe, close both eyes and read after me

We pledge, under the penalty of having our Bradley melt into nothingness, never to tell our OR especially anyone else's adoring and admiring family and friends, the SECRET (the ease) of Bradley Smoking.  We further Pledge to use our Bradleys as often as possible so as to never let our family and friends be without smoked delicacies.  There are just some things that should not be smoked and until we find out what they are, we Pledge to smoke everything we can catch, wrap in bacon, and fit into our Bradleys.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mikecorn.1

Mike

OU812

For ever and ever Amen  ;)

smokeitall

Nice first smoke, I have been meaning to try the bacon wrapped chicken breast.  I think I will give it a go this weekend.  Thanks for the pics.

mikecorn.1

i injected them with some butter spiked with creole seasoning (basically creole butter). just didnt buy the ready made stuff. came out real juicy. i went in my moms fridge and god bless her, she liked them so much that she save about a 1/4 of a pice of breast just so she could add it to a salad.  thanks for the comment.
Mike