Weekend smoke PICS

Started by bigcatdaddy, July 06, 2008, 06:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigcatdaddy

Pork Tenderloins getting happy!
[img][/img]

Smoked for 2.5 hours and pulled at 150.  Super juicy and could cut with a fork.  First bit my eyes rolled back into my head and I went into a smoke coma!!!!
[img][/img]

ABT's and Crab Stuffed Mushrooms!
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

In the smoker waiting for the magic to happen!
[img][/img]

Bradley doing its thang!
[img][/img]

The end result.  Made a batch on Friday and was requested to do another on Sat.!!!!
[img][/img]

Gonna do a couple of whole Chickens today and then I need to go to the butcher and restock!!!!

Mr Walleye

Looks fantatic BigCat!

You know you nailed it when everybody requests the samething for the next day!  ;)

Congrats!

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

FLBentRider

Awesome looking spread!

Those Mushrooms look great!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bigcatdaddy

Mushrooms turned out great. I was worried about them absobing to much smoke, but they never.  Ran them for about 2 hours on high temp and smoked the whole time.

HCT

"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

KyNola

Nice going BCD!  It all looks great.

KyNola

iceman

Looks super bigcatdaddy. I'm sure that was a real treat to everyone.

West Coast Sausage Maker

Wow . those smell great :o
soylent green is people

Stargazer

bigcatdaddy. I have been smoking meats for not quiet a year so I havent really experimented much. Just basic pork butt, rope sausage, ribs and now bacon. Never thought about doing a pork tenderloin though.

I picked up a nice whole tenderloin and cut in half. I use to always cook pork tenderloin in the oven traditionally but I was pretty impressed by your post, so I gave it a try with the whole tenderloin.

My father and uncle thought I was crazy smoking it. I rubbed it down with a brownsugar rub I make and smoked with applewood using your temp readings.

When my father and uncle stopped by 'tonight actually', about the same time it was ready, that was the best pork tenderloin we have ever eaten. So juicy and tender is was almost a crime.

Thanks for the post on that, that kind of inspires me to be more creative and experiment more then just sticking to standard stuff. Ill never cook tenderloin in the oven again, only smoke it. That was awsome.
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

FLBentRider

Quote from: Stargazer on July 11, 2008, 10:39:21 PM
My father and uncle thought I was crazy smoking it. I rubbed it down with a brownsugar rub I make and smoked with applewood using your temp readings.

When my father and uncle stopped by 'tonight actually', about the same time it was ready, that was the best pork tenderloin we have ever eaten. So juicy and tender is was almost a crime.

Thanks for the post on that, that kind of inspires me to be more creative and experiment more then just sticking to standard stuff. Ill never cook tenderloin in the oven again, only smoke it. That was awsome.

"I love it when a plan comes together!"

;D
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bigcatdaddy

Stargazer,

Glad to hear the Tenderloin was a hit!!!

Good job and keep smokin!!

BCD