Amazon.com Price Increases

Started by TonyL222, November 04, 2010, 05:47:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyL222

Looks like I bought at the right time.  I studied the OBS on Amazon for over a month before I pulled the trigger.  Advertised price did not change. I ordered my OBS and two 120 packs of bisquettes last Monday.  The next day I noticed that the OBS price had increased by $30 USD from what I paid.  Now I see the bisquette prices have also increased across the board.  Amazon might still be my best source of bisquettes since I get free shipping.

Maybe this is how Amazon recoups its shipping cost - by recapturing it from the next purchaser.   :o

elweezo

The thing about Amazon is that the price fluctuates. The first time I priced the OBS there it was 309   teo weeks later 279     1 week later 299     2 weeks later  279, So if anyone who wants a OBS  just wait till its 279 to buy it. I believe the bisquettes fluctuate in a similiar pattern.   

PS  just tried smoked butt in my breakfast eggs....    OH MOMMA

weasel
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

GusRobin

posted in Hot Deals is a link to Cabelas. They are selling the OBS for $259 and free shipping.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

elweezo

AAAARRGGGHHH   I could have bought 20 bucks of pucks   SIGH
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

TonyL222

I got it from Amazon last week for $252 and free ship.   ;)

hal4uk

Yup.  The prices fluctuate a lot.  I paid $288 at Amazon well over a year ago...

However, get ready for the price of everything (Amazon and elsewhere) to skyrocket.
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Sailor

QE 2 and then QE 3, 4 and 5 will put us into hyper inflation.  As long as the FED prints money to buy up the Treasury Bills they are inflating our money.  Get used to hyper inflation. 1Buy extra food when you go to the store.  Food prices are going to be going up.   10% increase in the past week and look for it to go higher.  Uggggggggghhhhhhh

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

hal4uk

Quote from: Sailor on November 04, 2010, 04:27:02 PM
QE 2 and then QE 3, 4 and 5 will put us into hyper inflation.  As long as the FED prints money to buy up the Treasury Bills they are inflating our money.  Get used to hyper inflation. 1Buy extra food when you go to the store.  Food prices are going to be going up.   10% increase in the past week and look for it to go higher.  Uggggggggghhhhhhh
Bingo.  Add in skyrocketing health care premiums --- that will be passed along to all of us... 
Perfect predictable storm. 

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Up In Smoke

Quote from: elweezo on November 04, 2010, 08:45:38 AM
The thing about Amazon is that the price fluctuates. The first time I priced the OBS there it was 309   teo weeks later 279     1 week later 299     2 weeks later  279, So if anyone who wants a OBS  just wait till its 279 to buy it. I believe the bisquettes fluctuate in a similiar pattern.   

PS  just tried smoked butt in my breakfast eggs....    OH MOMMA

weasel
try a little of that smoked pork chopped up in some tater soup!! :o
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

jimmyb

I bought the OBS at Cabella's about a month ago for $299. The week after I bought it I saw it on the front page of their flier for 239. I called and they credited my credit card the difference. So in the end I got the $239 price. Best price I've seen on it yet.

goblism

Quote from: Sailor on November 04, 2010, 04:27:02 PM

Have you seen grain prices lately....supply and demand...meat prices should go way up but pork is just tumbling down right now