ABT advice

Started by GusRobin, June 09, 2010, 06:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

thinking of making some jalapenos stuffed with smoked cream cheese, chorizo, chedder, wrapped in bacon. I was thinking of making a lot and vac, seal and freeze some. Anyone have any experience freezing them? Do they freeze well? Suggestions on defrosting and heating?
Thanks
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Smokin Soon

No luck here on that one, bacon was kind of rubbery even after trying to revive on the grill. Others may know.

classicrockgriller

I have not froze but had leftovers (a lot) and they went into the fridge.

I broiled them in the oven on each side (rotate them) and they were great.

HawkeyeSmokes

Here's a post from bigredsmoker on how he freezes them.

80 ABT's
HawkeyeSmokes

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

DarqMan

These are something I always just make enough so most or all will be eaten. They're too much work to not eat them fresh IMHO.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

ArnieM

Frozen should be fine.  Defrost on the counter for about an hour.  Then put 'em into a 450 preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the bacon crisps a little.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

OU812

Last batch I did I froze half of them raw and cooked the other half like always.

Later on the frozen ones I dropped in the fryer wile still frozen, worked great and only took about 11 min to get done.

Crispy bacon the cheese was hot and the peno was tender, not much like they were when I froze then smoked.

The only thing missin was the intense smoke flavor.

Might cold smoke then freeze next time.

drewpatton

Mother of god that sounds delicioso! Smoked cream cheese, chorizo and chedder sounds perfect. I want some.