Ordered OBS $199. Monday night, already depressed,disappointed,discusted.

Started by rubadub, July 23, 2009, 07:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubadub

Took advantage of Cabellas last day special on Monday evening. New to the smoker scene but have enjoyed
smoking and drinking with friends who own green eggs. Planned on the maiden launch this weekend consisting of butt, briskett, chicken wings and an old leather shoe that I heard taste well with hickory after 12 hours. Well checked my delivery tracking tonight and delivery is expected Monday. Sorry fellow smokers
I know most newbies are excited and positive but not here. My whole weekend is now down the tubes. Sorry
not looking for newbie smoker advise just anti anxiety advise. Off to drown my depression.
Sincerely,
RUBaDub

Smokin Soon

Look for a bright side. You have a little more time to spend on the forum, ask some questions, and check out the recipe sight. Your first smoke will be better! I am an impatient one my self, especially when it comes to Boy Toys, so I feel your pain.

smokeitall

Welcome aboard, sounds like you should just take off Mon-Wed and smoke away  ;D

La Quinta

Uh...ok??? Ya can't really get cranky yet....and ya got a great deal...so...try to "look on the bright side of life?"  :)

deb415611

Tankster

Quote from: rubadub on July 23, 2009, 07:33:21 PM
Took advantage of Cabellas last day special on Monday evening. New to the smoker scene but have enjoyed
smoking and drinking with friends who own green eggs. Planned on the maiden launch this weekend consisting of butt, briskett, chicken wings and an old leather shoe that I heard taste well with hickory after 12 hours. Well checked my delivery tracking tonight and delivery is expected Monday. Sorry fellow smokers
I know most newbies are excited and positive but not here. My whole weekend is now down the tubes. Sorry
not looking for newbie smoker advise just anti anxiety advise. Off to drown my depression.
Sincerely,
RUBaDub

Hope that you get it and they don't cancel the order.  Cabela's is now saying it was a pricing mistake.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=156050&t=1448277

kaz

WELCOME!!!! Best folks and help around!!!
Revekl in the fact that you got a MUCH better deal on your Bradley than 90% of the folks on this forum, including me ........... and I pride myself on being a good deal-finder.
Stay close to this site and you'll see great attention to sharing great deals on everything!!!
Once you use your new OBS you'll soon forget the delay ..... plus you need to season it first, anyway!!!
KAZ

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum rubadub!

I'm sorry you won't get your unit when you wanted, but I'm sure you'll have it turning out great food in no time.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum, on the brighter side, now you can sit back, watch, drink, and ejoy while other do the cooking.   ;D
Mike

1wired1

Hope that you get it and they don't cancel the order.  Cabela's is now saying it was a pricing mistake.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=156050&t=1448277
[/quote]

FWIW, I talked to a rep at Cabella's yesterday because their website was showing $299 for the smoker. He said it must have been a problem with the website and would process it over the phone for $199.

Smokin Soon

I am glad to hear that because 2 of my friends tried to place orders and the $199 was was not there. I will have them call.

kaz

So ............ is the Cabela's price for the OBS $299 or $199 plus shipping, right now?
A couple friends are stillinterested in buying at the $199 price, but the $100 discount icon is gone.
Are they honoring the $199 over the phone? Any idea for how much longer?
I keep checking on the 4 for 3 price on Bisquettes on Amazon and have managed to assemble every flvor but mesquite .......... the one I really am low on!!!
Thanks.
KAZ

leonardzelinski

I got on this deal as soon as it popped up,Cabelas didn't cancel my order luckily.
I smoked my first Pork Butt yesterday  ;D

mikecorn.1

Mike

beefmann

rubadub,

Welcome aboard, im sorry to hear about your frustration about  shipping you  will be enjoying  it soon enough .. read through the posts and enjoy