What the Y ELL is is only money--Ya right!

Started by Oldman, October 20, 2008, 05:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

The problem is age will take the gamer out of the game, but the gamer never goes away.

Last week I was just tooling down the road in my Midget when a TR4 (looked like a 1963 model) passed me and the driver gave me the middle finger and then a thumb's down on my Midget.

Well Chit that is all it took... the old gamer in me came out.

Off to the races we went. Now a TR4 has a bigger engine, but it also heavier. My Midget engine is not stock. At first I drafted him within a couple feet. I have a couple of airhorns and let them ripe a few times.... he really did not like that.

Anyway I got him on a curve and away I went. After that he was just a fading image in my mirror.

What I did that was so stupid was around 100mph I power 0ed to 5th grear... but I missed and slammed it into 3rd grear. The tac said HELL--O~~!

At this point the only thing I know is it no longer has a head gasket. I could just kick myself.

Anyway I think if there is a moral to this story it is you can never take the game out of the gamer. Old-farts with-standing or not!
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Smokin Soon

If you have that little sucker tuned and built that tight where an over-rev blows a head gasket, I would consider a rpm limiter. Your compression ratio must be maxed out for that sized engine. I have floated some valves and busted some valve springs on my Brits, but have never blown a head gasket.

But YES, seeing a finger flashing TR in the rear view mirror defeated does get the juices flowing! Rock On!!!!!

La Quinta

Oh man Olds...but ya had to do it...ya just had to...and I'm a girl...  :'(

car54

Olds,
The solution to the blown head gasket is definitely a supercharger. IT IS A MESSAGE FROM GOD!.

Also did you tell your wife the real story? What did she say?

Brad

La Quinta

I'm quite sure he did Car...(at least I hope so)  :D

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Speaking for myself; as I get older I find it gets harder to play the game. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

westexasmoker

Nothing money won't fix!  You'll be back in the game before ya know it!  Good luck!

C
Its amazing what one can accomplish when one doesn't know what one can't do!

Oldman

Quote from: La Quinta on October 20, 2008, 07:18:55 PM
Yaaaaaa not at first. Me be big chicken.... LOL~~!

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Oldman on October 21, 2008, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: La Quinta on October 20, 2008, 07:18:55 PM
Yaaaaaa not at first. Me be big chicken.... LOL~~!

Let me guess her reply started out something like this "Serves ya right you dumb A*#@, Now how much is it gonna cost THIS time?"
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Oldman

The good news is the head looks greats...no cracks or warps.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!