Pickled Kielbasa Sausage

Started by Father Tom, March 25, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokin Soon

I will admit that some of the sausage I have pickled, I have overcooked due to not paying attention. The pickling just brings them back to life and turns them into little "flavor explosions" when you bite into one.
Adjust heat to your liking and you have a winner.

Roadking

Quote from: smokeitall on March 27, 2009, 08:02:32 AM
The Pen-Rose pickeled sausages are still sold.  They have small jars and very large jars.  The price isn't bad either.  I have seen them in many stores but most commonly at Wal-Mart by the jerky.  Hope you find some, I agree they are pretty good.

Well, wife is getting ready to go to Wal-mart (not for me though, puff). I asked her to look for the Pen-Rose PS. Hope she finds it.

smokeitall

I'm with you on Walmart.....I can't say that I hate the place, but it is not my favorite place.

JDNC

Well, I had some creole style links frozen and couldn't resist trying the pickled recipe.  I thawed and cut the links into about 2 inch links and put them into a quart mason jar..covered with the pickle and vacuumed with my foodsaver.  Now for the wait. I peeled the casings off.. don't know if I needed to do that or not.

JD

NePaSmoKer

I wonder how pickled Andouille would taste? Chime in anytime Ky  ;D

nepas

Roadking

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 30, 2009, 02:42:26 PM
I wonder how pickled Andouille would taste? Chime in anytime Ky  ;D

nepas
Your home?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Roadking on March 30, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on March 30, 2009, 02:42:26 PM