Hello from WI

Started by dieselmann35, June 25, 2014, 02:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselmann35

Just bought a digital 4 rack and can not wait to try it out. As I type this, my smoker is smoking away per Bradley instructions to season it.

I do have one quick question, the instructions say to set it to 150 degrees for this, which I did, but the oven temp is reading in the 180's. Is this normal to get hotter than you set it for?

Thank you in advance for the many questions I will be asking on here!

beefmann

welcome aboard, lots of good people and information here

Saber 4

Welcome from Texas, the temp sensor is on the back wall above the element so it doesn't give a really accurate temp reading for what your meat is seeing so most of us use two probes, one to measure the internal temp IT of the meat and one hanging in the cabinet to monitor the cabinet temperature better.

Tenpoint5

Yes your unit will have temp swings above and below what your set point is. This is normal. As you continue to use your smoker take notes of how it reacts with different meats and sizes of meat you put in there. After a few smokes you will start to learn how it reacts and can roll with it. The biggest thing to remember is this is low and slow. You are in all essence, cooking with a 500 watt light bulb. Grab a cold adultry beverage and enjoy the time outside making dinner! Just don't let the wife know how easy this whole thing is.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

gary.sande.12

Got Gifted my Bradley!Hauled it to my NC home(900pls mi) Still in box.We (Bradley&I)will
Initiate our 1st smoked turkeys.Everything about this SMOKER seems1ST RATE.
GLAD I JOINED!

dman4505

Welcome to the new folks
You've come to a great place with lots of good people and info
If you get stumped on something just ask we'll be glad to help you out

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

NorthShoreMN

Welcome from N E Minnesota
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.