Nice Weather..... Not!

Started by Mr Walleye, December 13, 2008, 02:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

I bet it's pretty here today, we got about 8 inches yesterday (It's still dark).  More tomorrow.  So cool because it looks like we will have a white Christmas.

The boy's most important job today is to shovel the deck so I can get to the smoker  ;D  Habs I'll send him over to help you - he works for food.  We are a little warmer here but not much. 

Pens - beautiful pic!

Tenpoint5

Ok, here's my $.02 SNOW SUCKS!! Yes it looks perty in pictures but work a 12 hour shift from 7pm-7am. Then take an HOUR to drive 26 miles to get home, Only to find that you cant make it up to your driveway let alone up your driveway. Spend 2 hours shoveling because Because you sold the snow blower 2 years ago because it sat in the garage for 10years never used once.(Quicker to shovel than start it) Get your truck parked in the driveway. Only for some &^%%*)&ing Snowplow driver to come along and put a 6 ft by 3ft pile of packed snow back onto the driveway which you just shoveled 10 inches of snow off of. After another hour of shoveling you go in the house take a nap only to find that SOB came back again and put another packed drift at the end of the driveway. Currently plotting ways to sabotage the Snow plow.

Now the LQ version
We had 10 inches of snow here yesterday everything looks so lovely covered in snow all pristine like in the picture.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

3rensho

Backyard last Sat. after the sun came out for two hours -

Had three foot icicles hanging from one of the eves on an upstairs bedroom.

Shoveling this stuff ain't my cup of tea either.

Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Mr Walleye

That's "priceless" 10.5!  ;D

I can relate. In fact yesterday, I started out leaving the house at 6:30 am and went for coffee with a group as usual... leave coffee and head back home to take the wife to work... get a call to go help my daughters fiancĂ©, truck won't start... Get to the office finally... shovel snow... work for a few hours... shovel snow... work for a few hours... shovel snow again before heading home... get home, change clothes, shovel snow and head out to pick up the wife..... Now this morning we are back to -42 with the wind chill and guess what I'm doing today... shovelling that "picture pretty" @%&*$#& snow!  ???  ::)  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Smoking Duck

I hear you on the shoveling snow.  I am lucky to have a John Deere with a snow plow that actually makes it a little fun to do the snow.  Heck, most times I'm having so much fun, I'll do the neighbors' as well.  I don't mind a little pain for a little pleasure.  The kids sure love it and we've had some killer snowball fights.

SD

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

stillsmoking

The wife got up to use the bathroom about three this morning and came back with the cheery news that we appeared to have no water.  That will ruin your sleep!  Took nearly four hours and a little luck but had water again by the time the women folk were up.  It is currently 7 degrees on our little tropical island paradise.  Clear and beautiful but cold.  In the wee hours I was wondering how best to deal with the situation and of course my mind soon began to turn to smoked food.  In times of crisis or when the going gets tough nothing like a good smoke!  Can't decide on pork, fish or fowl.

Habanero Smoker

I been out there snow blowing 3 driveways, and at times I wish I had a plow. Then when I get back to back storms of 6" or greater I'm happy to have the blower. You can only pile up snow so much with a blow, but with a blower you can throw the snow quite a distances, without worrying about banks.

Wait a minute let me rethink this. High winds are coming behind the next snow storm. I wonder if I can pick up a blow real quick. :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

seemore

Mrs. S here.  We have spent the last two days  getting the ice off the driveway and front steps from a storm that came through here early yesterday morning.  We could not use the snow blower, since it was ice.  One of those loverly thunder snows that came in right after an overnight freezing rain....  Although I find snow very picturesque, by the time I got done opening up the driveway from the snowplows, I vowed that the next snowplow driver who went by  was going to get my shovel right where the sun does not shine.... >:(  Aside from the occasional ice storms, it is really not bad here during the winter - Eastern Iowa.  However, the older I get, the more enticing a winter in Jamaica sounds..........  ;)

Smoking Duck

We got exactly what you got Mrs. Seemore (Northern Indiana).  Thank God it did not have any wind associated with it as there was over an inch of ice on everything.  Any amount of wind and we'd have had power lines down, trees down, etc.  Now, they're forecasting lake effect snow and 40 mph winds.  Better get in good standing with the wife.....I'm gonna need to snuggle to keep warm  :)

FLBentRider

Snow is great to visit, but it sounds like it's not a pleasant thing to live with....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Smoking Duck

Quote from: FLBentRider on December 20, 2008, 05:23:41 PM
Snow is great to visit, but it sounds like it's not a pleasant thing to live with....

You know, it's funny.  I love turning out the lights in the house after the kids have gone to bed and starting the fireplace and watching the snow fall down out our picture window.

However, that also means you have to live with the aftermath of said beauty......it's a classic love-hate relationship  ;)

SD

FLBentRider

I have never lived anywhere where I had to deal with snow. When I lived in VA, the U S Navy took care of it.

Hurricane clean up, oppressive heat and humidity....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

La Quinta

HCT

10., I feel your pain, or I felt your pain back when I was live in the city. Now up here in the boonies still have the same problem with the plows but it doesn't hurt as much. Got 2 plows and a huge 42" Ariens snow blower. The snow blower is used in the field to open up space for the boys. :D :D :D 2 plows 1 for plowing the other for backup. (2nd plow didn't cost me much so I had to get it, came with the truck.) So the only bad news to me is ice, I live in the foothills, and wind, huge pines surround the compound. :-[
"The universe is a big place
probably the biggest"

Tenpoint5

Now to add insult to injury. BLIZZARD Warning until 9pm Not so much from the snow but from the Blowing snow. Its coming right at ya Duck.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!