Tired...

Started by Oldman, January 25, 2005, 06:34:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Tired of being riped off. Last night my wife left the outside door open again. Now two more of my prized spinners (fishing rods) are gone.

Let's take count...in the past 12 years it has been 2 lawn Mowers. 4 Weed eaters, 10 other fishing rods, now one of my Bradley racks and 6 10g cords, and a couple of 12g cord.

Each time they find the persons they are always black. WTF always Black!!   I'm tired of trying to be a good neighbor. IMO  black americans need to stop and grap a hold of their kids and teach them right from wrong.

Let me say this ... I don't believe that one black american I served with would put up with from their kids....There are a ton of great god loving, american black folks in this country. Today some of my wife's best students are black.

Nevertheless, there  is always the talk... I've been to those black meetings where they are going to get involved,  but no action that I can see from my end....

I'm going to talk with my wife about moving from here when we retire...seeing if there is a place where you don't every minute have to worry about if the doors are locked............
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Habanero Smoker

I understand how you feel Olds, but it just may be who lives around you. In my area there is a lot of thefts, such as you mentioned.  For example, during deer season, someone stole my neighbor's snow blower off his lawn. If you have attractive lawn ornaments or furniture, they are often targets to be stolen. In this area the people who always get apprehended are white.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Oldman

After re-reading what I wrote it does not come across as I ment it to.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">but it just may be who lives around you. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Habanero Smoker I live in the best mixed neighborhood in America I believe. It is the trash that floats through here.

The family across the street are just about the best and they are Black Americans. Their childern are polite and very courteous even when their parents are not around. Last year he left his garage door open. All of his smaller tools were taken. He is self-employed. He creats custom granite tops--the real deal stuff. So my posting is not saying this is a black on white deal or that don't I like black folks.

They could have taken anything else and I would not be this ticked off. One of those rods was a Mitchel 300 my grandfather gave me when I was 11 years old. Called the cops and that is useless. So for the next couple of weeks I will be hitting every pawn shop around here.

Now I don't use the "N" work but my neighbor across the street sure does. I watch him run two off with a baseball bat that had been going back and forth every 15 minutes or so on the side walk.

I've even had my pineapples stolen out of my back yard. You know how it takes to grow a pineapple?--Two years minimum. Then again there was the time when I let the dogs out around 1 am (Skyway was still walking then) and all of a sudden there is this blood curdling scream The dogs had someone. I don't know how he got away from the boxer as she had blood all over her face, and it was not hers. Well he goes over the wrong side of the fence, still has my pineapple in hand and lands into my neighbor's thorn/ thisties patch. This patch is the type plant you see pictured around the head of Christ as he was on the cross. Only my neighbor's patch is about 3 foot wide and a good 4 foot tall. Well the guy got away with the pineapple but he paid dearly for it. The sad part for the guy besides being bloody was the pineapple was not ripe. Eating an un-ripe pineapple is very deadly! BTW Skyway had the bloodied shoe.
Believe me my neighborhood is a great one with folks having some of the finest landscaping in this town. However, we are are tired of losing stuff..

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

MallardWacker

Olds,

When I first moved to ARK from ARIZ, I didn't understand the problem, my eyes have been opened.  I'm purposly trying to keep this vauge.  I don't want to sound like I have the a Rebel Flag in my front yard or plastered to the back of my pickups window, or have a "CSA" belt buckle going on.  But anyway I completely understand.  But let me clue you in here, at least here in rural ARK, it is the same with the white folk.  These mountain folks are just as bad and just as devious.  To me it comes down to pure ignorance and too much goverment assistance.  OK, I don't need to do any more social commentary~~I will get in trouble.  Plus I hate those Black Helecopters...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br />...Plus I hate those Black Helecopters...

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Now we're stereotyping the helicopters???  I understand that secret gov't agancies use white helicopters in snow storms.  Perhaps that's just more common in Canada.[:D]

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

MallardWacker

MAN, I am sooo stupid some times.  Never saw the "Black" in Black Helicopters.  I am sure everyone has heard some referance to secret black helicopters. There is a lot of local lore (plus religeous weird~o's)especially with our favorite Bill Clinton and so forth.  It is quite a bit thicker and sometime quite funny down here in the hills of ARK, so my referance to those racialy biased flying machines may hit my brain a bit different than most of you.  All kidding a side, you should here what people preach from their pulpits and REALLY believe about this stuff.  It's scary.  

<b><u><font color="blue">There is no premium on ignorance.</font id="blue"> </u> </b>

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Habanero Smoker

MW;
Don't get bummed out; you used the Black Helicopter statement in the past [:D]

But to expand on your thought. I feel that a lot of people these days can't defer gratification. If they see something they like, they will take it if they think they can get away with it.

I now have to chain my snowblower to my porch, because in the past week at least 50 snow blowers in a 60 mile radius of me have been stolen.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Chez Bubba

I'm hesitant to post on this because we all get along so well talking smoking, I'd hate to see politics come into the perceptions we have of each other. Face it, we all have our deep-rooted beliefs and no faceless internet schmo like me is going to change the way you feel about something that important.

I think basically, the problem lies in a breakdown of general parenting, coupled with the government's encouragement to allow such. Too many "programs" allowing people to slack off & not do their "duty". The consensus I see is "Why shouldn't I take advantage of it because he/she is, I might as well get it too.".

I don't really see it as a racial issue. There are plenty of (insert favorite derogatory ethnic slur here) of each race, just as there are plenty of damn fine people. I think we have only 2 races in America, normal people & trash. Trash comes in all colors.

Bull**** lawsuits claiming someone else is responsible for your own stupidity. Schools being expected to RAISE your kids, not just instruct them. (Just make sure they don't discipline them!) Poor, single moms that continue to churn out baby after baby so their welfare check gets bumped another $50.

It's all a mess and I don't claim to know the solution. Tort reform & smaller government seem to me to be a good start. Time to de-rail the gravy train.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Habanero Smoker</i>
<br />MW;
<font color="blue">Don't get bummed out; you used the Black Helicopter statement in the past</font id="blue"> [:D]

But to expand on your thought. I feel that a lot of people these days can't defer gratification. If they see something they like, they will take it if they think they can get away with it.

<font color="green">I now have to chain my snowblower to my porch, because in the past week at least 50 snow blowers in a 60 mile radius of me have been stolen.</font id="green">
<font color="blue">I hope that I have enough posts out there on the forum that everyone knows I'm kidding with the Duck Man, my comments are always meant to harm no more than a persons ribs.</font id="blue">[:)]

<font color="green">Hab, can you not just follow the well groomed path from your porch to the thief's house?</font id="green">[:D][:D][:D]LOL

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I hope that I have enough posts out there on the forum that everyone knows I'm kidding with the Duck Man, my comments are always meant to harm no more than a persons ribs.

Duck Man is just messing with ya...

Habanero Smoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
<font color="green">Hab, can you not just follow the well groomed path from your porch to the thief's house?</font id="green">[:D][:D][:D]LOL

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
I tried, the the blizzard conditions wiped out the trail. Funny! Now that I think of it, the trail was leading me towards my brother's house. [;)]

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Fuzzybear

Bummer to all of you.  Fortunately for me, the only thing that was ever stolen from me was a bicycle back when I was a pup (about 35 years ago)...we have our share of losers (how's that for an all encompassing mass!) in the City...out here in the boonies where I'm at, all is good - we have neighbors who really look out for one another and I'm very fortunate.  They guy nearest me is a Federal Marshall; retired Marine - weird as hell but I woudn't wann mess with him.  The next neighbor is the original owner of all the property in the development and he's one of the nicest..up on the hill, those neighbors can always seem my house way down below.  Elsewhere in rural Spokane, break ins and gun thefts seem to be happening right now.  There is proposed legislation (gee, what a surprise)to require licenses for anyone who sells guns.  Right now, those who sell as individuals or at swap meets are not deemed dealers as they only sell a few guns a year...now, that may change up here in the near future.
Whaddya gonna do?  I hope you get those precious rods back Olds, they sounded like they were pretty special to you.
Fuzz

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Chattaroy, WA - USA!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fuzzybear</i>
<br />Elsewhere in rural Spokane, break ins and gun thefts seem to be happening right now.  There is proposed legislation (gee, what a surprise)to require licenses for anyone who sells guns.  Right now, those who sell as individuals or at swap meets are not deemed dealers as they only sell a few guns a year...now, that may change up here in the near future.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That's a great idea, punish the people who legally sell an item or two before addressing those who illegally STEAL them![:(!][:(!][barf] And this makes sense to who?

Kirk

BTW Fuzz, glad you're back!

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

MallardWacker

Whoa~Whoa~Whoa my Kemosobee's,

In referance to ALL my posts in this thread I NEVER took any one or any thing to that degree. I thought it was quite funny about not seeing the black in black heleicopters.(I will coninue to use that terminalogy) You folks no me by now, unless I say I am getting serious, please take me that I am not.   Black is Black, heicopter or no helicopter.    Lets leave the pC in the tank.  We are all not going to gig anyone on perpose.  PLEASE lets not go down that road.

Smoke, make friends, and smoke sa'more.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

Chez Bubba

Mallard,

I think everyone who's posted on this thread knows exactly where every other poster is coming from, when they're kidding & when they're not. I think everyone involved is just [8D] with it. How many 2-star posters do you see?

I'll speak for everyone & say "No problemo, ya done nothin' wrong." If I'm mis-speaking for anyone, please email me.[:)]

Kirk