Building a Boeing 737-800 simulator

Started by Flyboyandre, April 22, 2012, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hal4uk

FBA -- That so ROCKS!!!  You're doing a GREAT job! 
Of course, you're NUTZ, but wow... that is so cool!!!

I can't wait until your wife comes to her senses, and one of these guys buys that from you...
Can't you see it mounted on the front of a mobile BBQ concession?

HICKORY AIR
Our pilots oink!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Flyboyandre

Quote from: hal4uk on August 20, 2012, 07:40:18 PM
FBA -- That so ROCKS!!!  You're doing a GREAT job! 
Of course, you're NUTZ, but wow... that is so cool!!!

I can't wait until your wife comes to her senses, and one of these guys buys that from you...
Can't you see it mounted on the front of a mobile BBQ concession?

HICKORY AIR
Our pilots oink!

That was VERY funny Hal.

cgaengineer

Very cool project and very nice work! You attention to detail is very good.

Chris Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

Flyboyandre

The economic crisis experienced another casualty today as the south Puyallup 737 plant was forced to shut down due to budget cuts. A company official stated that it is unclear as to when the plant will re-open.

Pictured below is the main instrument panel and what appears to be interior fitting of the yoke flight control mechanism of a 737-800 in Spirit of Seattle colors.

GusRobin

Sorry to hear about the work suspension. Hope it can resume soon. Maybe you can call Obama and ask for some stimulus money, the solar guys don't seem to need it anymore.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Flyboyandre

Quote from: GusRobin on August 27, 2012, 07:51:37 AM
Sorry to hear about the work suspension. Hope it can resume soon. Maybe you can call Obama and ask for some stimulus money, the solar guys don't seem to need it anymore.
Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flyboyandre

Main instrument panel in place. Fits like a glove. Click on the picture for a larger view.

3rensho

Really starting to take shape.  In picture 7 I really like the dual cold smoke adapters  ;D ;D
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

pikeman_95

All I can say is just unbelievable. Andre you are one busy guy.

Quarlow

That is a pretty big pitot tube you got in the cockpit. LOL. This is coming along really nice. You are a master for sure.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Flyboyandre

It feels like ages since my last update but here is another tidbit of what i'm working on right now.
This evening I finished the main flight control link between the captain and first officer side. The frame and pivot cage is made of 1 1/4" square steel tubing. Dont read to much into the details as the yoke tubes and elbows arent permanently installed.
I am still awaiting the gas struts that will establish the neutral point as well as resistance when pushing/pulling on yoke.

I am also expecting part from different parts of the world, including the landing gear lever and yokes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo_L2sAMa3Y

Flyboyandre

I remember the days where progress was noticeable on a daily basis. Those days seem to be long gone. Nevertheless I'm pushing forward and things are starting to take shape. The last couple of weeks have been solely dedicated to the flight control mechanism. Forward motion got a bit of a blow when I smacked the hammer over my thumb. What did I learn? Dont swing a hammer when you are tired and pissed off at the project. All I have left now on this part is linking up the actual yokes, which I hope to have completed this weekend. Yokes arrived from Throttletek in El Salvador.

http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid778.photobucket.com/albums/yy62/flyboyandre/Hometown%20737%20album%202/2012-09-22_12-47-47_257_zpsb7175623.mp4

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Flyboyandre

Many of my friends on here have been asking for an update on the project. I have been working hard on the flight control mechanism. It has taken some time to get it right. Although I have some finetuning left, I am close to having it done.

http://boeing737simulator.blogspot.com/

hal4uk

Persistence.

Such a simple word, but the vast majority of people just don't get it.
Set a goal.  Grab some tunnel vision, and follow through.
I'm proud to know ya, brother.
Can't wait to see it "fly".
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby